Red Dead Redemption 2 camp needs are introduced shortly after you start chapter 2. Your gang camp has three demands: provisions, ammunition, and medicine. These needs must be met, or the gang will start to lose morale, and the camp will turn into a generally nasty place to be. Here’s everything you need to know about meeting the camp’s needs in Red Dead 2, and what you get from boosting morale.
How to Meet Camp Needs in Red Dead Redemption 2
Camp needs depend on a steady supply of materials to the camp. Your gang needs food, ammo, and meds to keep alive and healthy. Don’t make sure they have these things and you’ll find people will start getting mean and ornery. You can see how much of each item your camp has by looking in the upper right-hand corner of the screen when in camp.
There are three supply levels that tell you whether the gang needs a specific item or it has enough.
- Red: This means this particular category of item is depleted or in low stock.
- White: This means there is an adequate supply of an item.
- Gold: This means there is an abundance of a particular category.
While it’s great to aim for gold, a white level of supply will keep everyone happy.
So how do you fill these categories up? That’s pretty simple.
- Food/Provisions: You can hunt or buy food and donate it at Pearson’s wagon to increase the amount of provision stocks.
- Ammo and Weapons: Through the gang ledger you can donate money to restock ammo.
- Medicine: You can pay to restock medicine through the ledger as well.
Each time you upgrade one of the supply wagons, you’ll find it costs a little more to restock it, so if you’re low on cash, you might want to hold off on doing so.
How to Improve Gang Morale in Red Dead Redemption 2 and What it Gets You
Gang morale is linked with camp needs but is a separate system. When gang morale is high, you’ll find that gang members get along better, and are more likely to donate money and items to the donation box. Besides keeping camp needs fulfilled, there are a few ways to ensure gang morale is high.
These acts raise gang morale in RDR2:
- Donating money and items to the tithing box.
- Doing chores around camp.
- Completing item requests from gang members.
- Buying the lodging upgrades for the camp.
- Crafting camp decorations from Pearson.
As said above, when the gang is happy and taken care of, they donate more to the camp. This takes a bit of the financial burden off of you. They’re also more pleasant to be around and are more likely to have extended conversations with you. All the above acts also raise your honor, so it’s a win-win to do them.