In Kingdom Hearts 3, there are plenty of Keyblades that you can unlock and equip to use as Sora. While we already have a guide on how to unlock most of the Keyblades in the game, there are a few that have been discovered since, like the Kingdom Hearts 3 Grand Chef Keyblade. It’s a little complicated how you unlock the Grand Chef Keyblade, however, so we thought it needed its own guide.
Kingdom Hearts 3 Grand Chef Keyblade | How to unlock
To unlock the Grand Chef Keyblade, you will need to raise the Little Chef’s Bistro to a Five Star rating in Twilight Town. This will be no easy task, however. To raise the Bistro to Five Stars, you will need to get an Excellent rating on each of the main menu recipes. You won’t have to complete the special menu as well, which is a bonus. Although we do have a Flantastic location guide if you want to complete that also.
Kingdom Hearts 3 Grand Chef Keyblade | Stats, Formchanges, and more
Chances are, you will want to unlock and equip the Grand Chef Keyblade. First off, the fancy Keyblade features a big old chef’s hat on its sharp end. You will essentially be clubbing enemies with a chef’s hat with this weapon equipped. As you can see in the image above, the Grand Chef Keyblade is powerful. With a Strength stat of 5 and a Magic stat of 7. Those of you opting to play the game using magic often will find the Keyblade a useful tool.
The Grand Chef Keyblade also comes equipped with the Wizard’s Ruse ability (which grants you a chance of recovering HP similar to the amount of MP you use). On top of all of this, however, is the Keyblade’s Formchange. As with most Keyblades in the game, attacking for a while will allow you to unleash a powerful Formchange. The Grand Chef Keyblade’s Formchance is the Frying Pan. This will equip Sora with a shield-like weapon imbued with fire that you will spin around, throw, and attack enemies with. Finally, you will be able to unleash a powerful Finish attack with the Frying Pan, too.
Image credit: YouTube/Sabri Altun
Kingdom Hearts 3 Grand Chef Keyblade | How to get Excellent when preparing cuisine
As mentioned above, you will have to get an Excellent rating on each of the Little Chef’s main menu recipes to unlock the Grand Chef Keyblade. This can be quite tricky, so you will want to ensure that you have plenty of all the ingredients you will need. In total, there are 20 recipes that you will have cook with an Excellent rating in order to raise the Bistro up to Five Stars. These are as follows (ingredients needed in brackets):
Little Chef’s Bistro Recipes list
- Beef Bourguignon (Bay Leaf, Beef, Garlic, Rosemary, and Thyme)
- Beef Saute (Beef, Cornichon, Eggplant, and Zucchini)
- Berries au Fromage (Blackberry, Cheese, Gooseberry, Lemon, and Raspberry)
- Bouillabaisse (Cod, Garlic, Lobster, Mussel, and Saffron)
- Carrot Potage (Butter, Carrot, Onion, and Rice)
- Chocolate Mousse (Butter, Chocolate, and Lemon)
- Consumme (Celery, Cloves, and Onion)
- Crab Bisque (Carrot, Celery, Crab, Olive Oil, and Tomato)
- Crepes Suzette (Butter, Honey, and Orange)
- Eel Matelote (Bay Leaf, Eel, and Parsley)
- Fresh Fruit Compote (Apricot, Apple, and Pear)
- Lobster Mousse (Dill, Lobster, and Scallop)
- Mushroom Terrine (Black Trumpet, Chanterelle, King Oyster Mushroom, and Morel)
- Pumpkin Veloute (Black Truffle and Pumpkin)
- Ratatouille (Bay Leaf, Eggplant, Garlic, Tomato, and Zucchini)
- Scallop Poele (Olive Oil and Scallop)
- Sea Bass en Papillote (Basil, Olive Oil, Sea Bass, and Thyme)
- Sole Meuniere (Caviar and Sole)
- Stuffed Quail (Miller Mushroom, Parsley, Porcini, Portabello, Quail, and Rice)
- Sweetbread Poele (Lemon, Porchini, and Veal)
How to get Excellent when preparing cuisine
There are four cooking minigames you will be presented with when preparing cuisine. Egg Cracking, Flambe, Chopping, and Grinding. In order to get an Excellent rating, your timing will need to be spot on. Make sure you have plenty of ingredients at the ready and keep trying each recipe until you get the timings down. There is a way of making sure that you get an Excellent rating more easily, however. Equip the Gourmand’s Ring as Sora. This grants you with the Chef’s Extraodinaire ability.
People have claimed that you can get the Gourmand’s Ring by getting an excellent on every recipe when you first unlock the Bistro. Others have claimed that you can grab it via the Postcards in Twilight Town as an item drop. Try both of these methods and, hopefully, the Gourmand’s Ring should be yours.