Man, it’s been a long time coming, but the Spyro Reignited Trilogy 1.03 update has dropped into our laps out of nowhere today, March 12. The update, otherwise known (bizarrely) as 1.02 on Xbox One, includes some much-needed changes in the subtitles department, as well as a motion blur toggle, and even a handful of exceedingly necessary fixes for certain levels and worlds. It’s all found down below in the Spyro Reignited Trilogy 1.03 update patch notes for PS4 and Xbox One.
Spyro Reignited Trilogy 1.03 Update
Pre-1.03, and at the game’s launch, many deriding the lack of Spyro Reignited Trilogy subtitles, especially during exposition-heavy sections of each of the three remastered titles. Activision and Toys For Bob have finally seen sense and included the feature in this update, which will massively help those who are deaf or are otherwise hard-of-hearing. These have been added for “all unsupported cinematics,” meaning the entire game should now have subtitles throughout.
Want to go back to how things were? You can turn off subtitles in the Options menu.
Motion Blur toggle
Talking of things you might want to turn off, you can now switch off motion blur in the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, which is especially useful for those who might feel a little bit queasy during some of the faster action and flight sequences that the game throws at you. Head to Options and then Camera to turn it off, if you so wish.
Finally, there’s a sprinkling of bug fixes to the roadblocks put up in certain worlds by glitches that meant players couldn’t complete some objectives. If you’ve been affected or had problems with Wizard’s Peak in the original Spyro, Hurricos and Fractured Hills in Spyro 2, or Lost Fleet, Fireworks Factory, or Charmed Ridge in Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon then you’ll be pleased to know everything (should, fingers crossed) be all sorted.
Spyro Reignited Trilogy 1.03 Update Patch Notes
- Added subtitles in all languages (across all three games) for previously unsupported cinematics, including:
- Character headers to identify active speakers
- Succinct line splits for readability
- Colored text for improved character association in most languages
- Subtitle on/off toggle added under the Options menu
- Added an option to toggle motion blur on/off under the Options → Camera menu
- Fixed progression and completion bugs impacting Wizard Peak, Hurricos, Fracture Fills, Lost Fleet, Fireworks Factory, and Charmed Ridge
- Fixed camera bugs in Sgt. Byrd’s Base and Dino Mines
- Stability improvement fix in Spider Town
- Additional misc. bug-fixes and improvements impacting Glimmer and Ripto’s Arena