It’s already out on PC and now Rainbow Six Siege 1.64 update is here on PS4 and Xbox One players, so console players can finally get on a level footing with their PC peers. It’s not a hulking patch, only coming in at just a few GB, but some changes are crucial: The Outback window exploit is gone, as it the ludicrous text chat censorship (more on that below), and there’s even the much-requested Alt-Tab fix. So, roll up, roll up: take a gander at the Rainbow Six Siege 1.64 update patch notes.
Rainbow Six Siege 1.64 Update
It’s only just arrived in the Burnt Horizon update, but the Aussie-themed map, Outback, is being tweaked slightly. It’s always the sign of an alert developer when they can bring about changes this quick, and the main point of focus appears to be the catwalk in the Motel Parking Lot. Basically, a whole bunch of people are being spawn killed far too easily around there, so expect fewer spawn points to avoid chokeholds in Outback.
Also, the blocked window in Outback is now, well, blocked. Previously, players could rappel through it, confusing attackers and defenders alike. That tactic is off the table now, though, you pesky so-and-sos.
No, don’t expect any nerfs or buffs just yet. Instead, we’ve got a few Mozzie fixes to make the Operator that bit more effective, especially when it comes to hacked drones. Ubisoft Montreal is working hard at getting things sorted when it comes to hacked drones losing signal, but you should now see some improvement, as well as more consistent hacked drone outlines in-game.
Alt-tab and in-game chat
Rainbow Six Siege 1.64 has, mercifully, fixed the issue wherein Alt-tabbing out of the game would lead to a hanging black screen for a few seconds. Additionally, the letter “V” is now no longer banned in the in-game chat, so you can talk about the worst Devil May Cry 5 character (and the most disappointing Metal Gear Solid game) to your heart’s content.
Rainbow Six Siege 1.64 Update Patch Notes
- Fixed – When Operators are prone on their back, the weapon switch animation is faster than intended.
- Fixed – All operators have animation issue transition who make them slide when they sprint just after prone position.
- Fixed – Operators break collision when vaulting into the broken shelf in Laundry room.
- Fixed – Problematic run out/spawn kills via the catwalk in the Motel Parking Lot.
- Fixed – Players can rappel through a blocked window on Outback.
- Fixed – With the right timing a player can enter and see through a drone that Mozzie just captured.
- Fixed – The drone outline for a hijacked drone is not visible behind a Black Mirror or from a Maestro camera view.
- Fixed – Hacked drones will sometimes lose signal on various maps. These need to be fixed on an individual basis, and we have not fixed every location as of this update.
- Fixed – Barricades can not be deployed near deployed trax stingers.
- Fixed – Game will show a black screen for a few second after moving windows up or alt-tabbing.
- Fixed – Onkochishin elite skin has a gap between the holster and the secondary weapon.
- Fixed – The letter “V” is censored in the in-game text chat.