Items are one of the primary components in Risk of Rain 2 and having access to as many items as possible can change your run drastically. While many of the items require achievements to be completed for them to unlock, others are available right from the start. This complete and constantly evolving list of all the unlockable items will help you learn what each item is and what benefits it has to offer you as a player.
All Unlockable Items in Risk of Rain 2
All unlockable items are broken down into a series of different categories. Starting from Common and evolving to Legendary, knowing what every item in Risk of Rain 2 does will be important as you dive deeper and deeper into the game. We’ve broken down every item below with a brief description of what it does. To make things easier to digest we’ve even broken down the items into their respective rankings, starting at the most common items you’ll find in the game.
Common Items in Risk of Rain 2
Common unlockable items are marked by the color white. These are the items that you’ll encounter the most in your runs.
- Increase attack speed by 15% (+15% per stack).
- 15% chance to block incoming damage (+15% per stack).
- Killing an enemy will spawn a healing orb that heals the player for 4HP (+4 per stack).
- Attacks have a 10% chance to be a critical strike, dealing 2x damage (+10% per stack).
Paul’s Goat Hoof
- Increase movement speed by 14% (+14% per stack).
- Creates a zone of healing after standing still for 2 seconds. Heals for 4.5% (+2.25% per stack) every second. Also heals allies within 3m (+1.5m per stack).
- Deals 150% damage to enemies above 90% health (+30% per stack).
- Grants 15% chance to bleed an enemy for 240% base damage (+15% chance per stack).
- Upon leveling up, drop a banner that raises ally strength within 15m (+8m per stack). Raises attack and movement speed by 30% while in the banner’s range.
- Increase passive health regen by 250% outside of combat (+150% per stack).
Personal Shield Generator
- Grants a 25-health shield (+25 health per stack) that recharges outside of danger.
- Heals for 10 health 1.1 seconds after you are hurt (+10 health per stack).
- Killing an enemy will ignite any enemies within 12m (+4m per stack), causing burns for 150% base damage (+75% per stack).
- Grants 5% chance to stun enemy on hit for 2 seconds (+5% chance per stack).
Bundle of Fireworks
- Opening a chest launches 8 fireworks at enemies dealing 300% base damage (+4 fireworks per stack).
- Improves sprint speed by 30% (+30% per stack).
- Adds +1 charge to your Secondary skill (+1 charge per stack).
- Grants 5% chance (+2.5% chance per stack) to attach a bomb to an enemy on hit. Bombs detonate for 250% damage (+125% per stack).
- Spawns a hidden cache containing an item in each stage. Rarity of the item inside increases per stack.
- Deal an additional 20% damage to any bosses (+10% per stack).
Uncommon Items in Risk of Rain 2
The next tier of unlockable items is marked by the color green. These Uncommon items are a bit tougher to obtain during your runs.
AtG Missile Mk. 1
- 10% change to fire a missile that deals 300% damage (+300% per stack).
- Spawn a lava pillar within a 12m radius (+2.4m per stack) each time you kill an enemy. Deals 350% base damage (+280% per stack).
- Gain an extra jump (+1 jump charge per stack).
- 25% chance to fire chain lightning that deals 80% damage on up to 3 targets (+2 targets per stack) within a 20m (+2m per stack) radius.
- Heals you for 1HP each time that you deal damage. Heals for +1 per stack.
- Attack speed is increased 10% by critical strikes with a maximum cap of 30% (+30% per stack) attack speed.
- Gain 30% boost to movement speed outside of combat (+30% per stack).
Old war Stealthkit
- Chance to gain 40% movement speed and invisibility for 3 seconds (+1.5 seconds per stack) when taking damage. Chance increases as you take more damage.
- Gain a 5% critical strike chance. Critically striking heals 8 health (+4 per stack).
- Hold an additional equipment charge (+1 per stack) and reduces cooldown by 15% (+15% cooldown reduction per stack).
- Increase your health permanently by 1 up to a maximum of 100 health (+100 per stack) each time you kill an enemy.
- Grants an 18% chance (+10% per stack) on kill to drop an ammo pack that restores all cooldowns
- Killing three enemies within one second sends you into a 6 second frenzy (+4 seconds per stack). Frenzy increases your movement speed by 50% and your attack speed by 100%.
- Increases armor by 30 (+30 per stack) while sprinting.
- Grants an 8% chance on hit to strike an enemy with a runic ice blast, slowing enemies by 80% and dealing 250% damage (+125% per stack).
- 8% chance on hit to strike an enemy with a runic flame tornado, dealing 500% damage (+250% per stack).
- Slows enemies for -60% movement on hit for 1 second (+1 second per stack).
- Jumping while sprinting will boost you forward by 10m (+10m per stack).
Legendary Items in Risk of Rain 2
Some of the more difficult items to obtain, Legendary unlockable items are marked by the color red.
- All your attacks explore in a 4m radius (+1.5m per stack) dealing 60% damage to any enemies caught in the blast.
- Killing an enemy will fire out 3 homing daggers (+3 per stack) that deal 150% base damage.
- Killing an enemy surrounds you with 3 icicles that deal 3×33% damage to any enemies you touch.
- Grants a 10% chance to spawn a ghost of the last killed enemy with 500% damage. Lasts 30 seconds (+30 seconds per stack).
- Increases your jump height, creating a 10m radius kinetic explosion upon hitting the ground, dealing 2300% base damage that scales with speed. Recharges in 10 seconds (-50% per stack).
- Stores 100% of healing as Soul Energy (+100% per stack). When Soul Energy reaches 10% of your maximum health, fires a skull that deals 250% of your Soul Energy as damage.
Unstable Tesla Coil
- Fires out lightning that hits 3 (+3 per stack) enemies for 200% damage every .5 seconds. Switches over every 10 seconds.
57 Leaf Clover
- All random effects are rolled +1 (+1 per stack) times for favorable outcome.
Sentient Meat Hook
- Grants a 20% chance (+20% per stack) on hit to fire a homing hook at up to 10 (+5 per stack) enemies for 100% damage.
- Reduces skill cooldowns by 25% (+25% per stack).
- Getting kills reduce equipment cooldown by 4 seconds (+2 seconds per stack).
Dio’s Best Friend
- When dying you will be returned to life with 3 seconds of invulnerability. This item is consumed upon death.
- Add +2 (+2 per stack) charges to your Utility Skill. Reduces Utility Skill cooldown by 33%.
Wake of Vultures
- Grants the user the power of any killed elite monster for 8 seconds (+5 seconds per stack).
- When killing an elite monster, enter a frenzy that lasts 3 seconds (+2 seconds per stack) where skills have no cooldowns.
- Heal by 100% more (+100% per stack).
Boss Items in Risk of Rain 2
These special unlockable items drop specifically from bosses that you can defeat during teleporter events. They are marked by the color yellow.
- Increase max health by 40 (+40 per stack) and health regen by 1.6 (+1.6 per stack) health per second.
- Every 30 seconds summon a Beetle Guard with bonus 300% damage and 100% health. Can have up to 1 Guard (+1 per stack) at a time.
Lunar Items in Risk of Rain 2
The following items are marked by the color blue and can only be obtained by using Lunar Coins.
- Increase base damage by 100% (+100% per stack) but reduces max health by 50% (+50% per stack).
- Grants a 30% chance on hit to gain 3 gold (+3 per stack). Lose gold equal to the amount you are hit for or lose % gold equal to the % maximum health you lost. Randomly chooses the greater of the two.
- Converts all but 1 health to regenerating shields. Gain 50% (+25% per stack) maximum health.
- Heal for 100% more (+100% per stack). All healing is applied over time, though and you can only heal a maximum of 10% (reduced by 50% per stack) of your health each second.
Gesture of the Drowned
- Reduce Equipment cooldown by 50% (+50% per stack). Activates your Equipment whenever cooldown is complete.
- Rains meteors from the sky damaging everyone for 600% damage per hit. Lasts a total of 20 seconds.
- Ignites all characters with fire in an 8m range. Deals 5% of maximum health per second as burning to yourself. Burn is .5x stronger on allies but 24x stronger on enemies.
Effigy of Grief
- All characters within the area are slowed by 50% and have their armor reduced by 20. Can be picked up again immediately.
Equipment Items in Risk of Rain 2
Finally, we have Equipment items. Colored orange, these unlockable items can be equipped and used by pressing the Q button.
Disposable Missile Launcher
- Fires a swarm of 12 missiles dealing 300% damage with each missile.
- Instantly heals you for 50% of your max health.
- Fires a black hole that pulls enemies within a 30m radius to it. Lasts 10 seconds.
- Grants +100% chance to critically strike for 8 seconds.
- Call 4 Strike Drones into the battle. Lasts 25 seconds.
- Fires preon tendrils that zap enemies within a 25m for up to 600% damage per second. Detonates a 20m explosion for 4000% damage on contact.
- Gain 20% movement speed and the ability to fly for 15 seconds.
- Calls down a lightning strike on the target that deals 3000% damage and stuns nearby enemies.
- Fires an endless barrage of bullets that deal 100% damage per hit. Each round costs 1 gold and increases over time. Effectively unlimited so long as you’re constantly earning gold.
- Gain a Woodsprite follower that heals you at 1.5% of your maximum health per second. Can also be sent to allies to heal them for 10% of their max health.
- Reveals all chests and other interactable items within a 500m radius for 10 seconds.
Now that you know all unlockable items in Risk of Rain 2, you can head over and check out our guide on how to unlock all characters if you haven’t unlocked them all just yet!