The Sekiro 1.03 update is the first major set of changes to arrive to From Software’s Soulslike since release. As ever, any potential change will be pored over for days to come, so we’ll let you get ahead of the game by letting you sift through the Sekiro 1.03 update patch notes for PS4, Xbox One and PC on April 22 in its entirety, including changes to several Prosthetic Tools and Combat Arts, a surprising Blazing Bull nerf, and so much more. It’s all here in our Sekiro 1.03 update guide.
Sekiro 1.03 Update
Prosthetic Tool changes
From Software wants you to start using a wider variety of techniques. To do that, the developer has altered the Spirit Emblem cost for the Loaded Axe series of Prosthetic Tools, as well as the Lazulite Sacred Flame. Alongside that, over half-a-dozen non-passive Combat Arts will now cost fewer Spirit Emblems to use. The full list of which can be found below.
Blazing Bull nerf
Now, this is a surprising one. Be it thanks to feedback, or straight-up developer input, the Sekiro 1.03 update is setting about making one of its bosses easier to slay. but not the one you might be expecting. We’ve all had trouble against the likes of Genichiro Ashina and the Demon of Hatred but, interestingly, it’s the Blazing Bull that’s being toned down a little. The raging beast is getting reduced Posture and health.
Divine Confetti drop rates
Fed up of falling to the Headless and whatever the hell that thing is the Ashina Depths? You’ll now be able to farm Divine Confetti a lot easier. That’s thanks to the Divine Confetti Drop Rates going up for the Fencer enemy type in and around Ashina Castle.
It’s not just gameplay where things are being tweaked in the Sekiro 1.03 update. Bugs are also being squashed, including a PC save game corruption bug; an enemy de-aggro glitch, and a fix for those who have found themselves breaking boundaries throughout the land. It’ll be intriguing to see how that affects the wicked-quick speedruns we’ve come accustomed to.
Sekiro 1.03 Update Patch Notes
Improvements to Strategic Approaches
- Adjusted the efficiency and Spirit Emblem cost of the following to encourage usage and diversity of approach:
- Prosthetic Tools: “Lazulite Sacred Flame,” “Loaded Axe” series, “Sparking Axe,” “Lazulite Axe”
- Combat Arts: “Ashina Cross,” “Dragon Flash,” “One Mind,” “Floating Passage,” “Spiral Cloud Passage,” “Mortal Draw,” “Empowered Mortal Draw”
- Items: “Spiritfall” series
- Reduced the Posture damage dealt by the first hit of the Combat Arts “Senpou Leaping Kicks” and “High Monk” as it was causing more damage than intended in certain cases. Posture damage dealt in the latter-half of the combo has been increased.
- Increased the Poison build-up dealt by the Prosthetic Tool “Sabimaru” against enemies that were intended to be weak against it.
- Increased the drop rate of “Divine Confetti” for Fencers in Ashina Castle.
- Adjusted loading screen tips and tutorial text, as well as adding new text.
- Slightly reduced Posture and Vitality of Blazing Bull in order to improve game pacing and balance time in combat.
- Lowered the price of information sold by Anayama the Peddler.
- The Chained Ogre inside Ashina Castle is now Red Eyed.
- Fixed a bug where “Gokan’s Sugar” and “Gokan’s Spiritfall” were not mitigating player Posture damage taken while guarding or deflecting enemy attacks.
- Fixed a bug where system crashes could cause save data to become corrupted on PC.
- Fixed a bug where certain enemies would sometimes stop attacking the player.
- Fixed a bug where certain actions could not be performed after reconfiguring the controls.
- Fixed certain bugs that were allowing the player to access unexpected areas, which could result in becoming unable to obtain items or make further progress.
- Fixed cases of certain text being displayed incorrectly.
- Improved stability.
- Improved performance.
- Other various bug fixes.