The Mortal Kombat 11 crashing bug might be something you come across regardless of whether you’re playing on PC, Xbox One, PS4, or Nintendo Switch. If you’re looking for a way to fix this problem, then you’ll want our help. Read our Mortal Kombat 11 crashing bug guide to resolve it on your platform of choice. If you are looking for the new Switch crashing bug, go to this guide here.
Mortal Kombat 11 Crashing Bug | PC
If you’ve encountered the Mortal Kombat 11 crashing bug on PC, the first thing that you’ll want to ensure is that all of your drivers are updated. It doesn’t matter if it’s your video or sound cards that need to be updated, the game may not work if you don’t have the latest versions installed. You can check websites for AMD and Nvidia to see what the latest versions are, and download them if you don’t have them already.
Another issue that might affect the game’s performance on your PC is Direct X. Again, if you don’t have the latest version of this software installed then it could cause the game to crash. Direct X is updated via Window so, to check for updates, follow our mini-guide below
- Click the Start button on your Windows computer.
- Click on “Settings.” Head to “Updates & Security” and then select “Windows Update.”
- Select “Check for Updates” and see if the latest version is installed.
Finally, if you are installing the game and it crashes, you may have a corrupted file installation. You can check on the status of the game by following the below steps, and see if you need to uninstall and then reinstall it.
- Head to your Steam Library. Find Mortal Kombat 11 on your game’s list.
- Right click on the game, and select “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Local Files” tab.
- Select “Verify Integrity of Game Files” to see if there’s a corrupted file somewhere.
- If there is, uninstall and reinstall the game.
Mortal Kombat 11 Crashing Bug | PS4
For PS4 players who come across the Mortal Kombat 11 crashing bug, your fix is much simpler than the PC ones. You can follow the steps below to find out what the cause of your issue is, and resolve it.
- Locate the Mortal Kombat 11 game icon on your dashboard or in your games library.
- Press the “Options” button on your controller after you highlight the game tile.
- Select the “Delete” option that pops up. Wait for the game to be uninstalled completely.
- Insert the game disc, or re-download the game from the PS4 store library, to reinstall it.
Mortal Kombat 11 Crashing Bug | Nintendo Switch
The Mortal Kombat 11 crashing bug on Nintendo Switch is another simple one to perform. It does require a full system power down though, so make sure you have everything saved before you do. If you don’t, you may lose whatever progress you’ve made in other games. Once you have, follow the guide below to see how to fix this issue on your Switch.
- Press and hold the “Power” button at the top of your Switch system. It’s located near the volume controls if you’re unsure.
- Hold the button down for at least three seconds. This will pop up a menu.
- Select “Power Options” from the list that appears. Select “Turn Off” under this tab.
- Wait for around 30 seconds, and then start your Switch console back up using the Power button.
- Wait for the system to load everything up, and then try to launch the game.
Mortal Kombat 11 Crashing Bug | Xbox One
Xbox One users who encounter this Mortal Kombat 11 crashing bug have a bit more work to do than PS4 or Switch owners. Again though, just follow our guide below and you should be bug-free in no time.
- Select the “My Games and Apps” tile from the dashboard. Flick down the menu until you happen across “Games.”
- Highlight Mortal Kombat 11. Press the “Menu” button, otherwise known as the start button, on your gamepad.
- Select “Manage Game.”
- Your game install and save data will show up. Highlight the game install, and press “Menu” again to select “Uninstall.”
- Confirm that you want to uninstall the game. Once that’s done, insert the game disc or re-download it from your “Games and Apps” tile. The latter should be “Ready to Install” so click that once you’ve navigated to it.
When you click on a retail link, we might earn a commission that helps us support the site. Learn more here.