The Mortal Kombat 11 May 9 update patch notes are finally here but they may be different depending on what system you have. The MK11 Switch and PC versions finally got the patches seen on other consoles but they are not even same for each other. Both have different patch notes so in order to get the right MK11 update patch notes, be sure to find your platform first.
Mortal Kombat 11 May 9 Update Patch Notes | Switch update
The MK11 Switch patch notes are quite long as it has been behind for quite some time. This patch neuters some of the towers and difficulty so players won’t have to struggle as much to come out on top. This ranges from enemy AI and health to modifier frequency. Players will also get more Hearts, Koins, and Soul Fragments overall after winning, doing fatalities, brutalities, completing towers/objectives, and more. This also comes with the gift of 500,000 Koins, 1,000 Souls, 1,000 Time Crystals, and 500 Hearts. Overall, you should be getting a lot more currency for pretty much everything in the game, which includes smashing the breakables in the Krypt.
The number of fatalities for the head spikes in the Krypt have also gone down but an unknown amount. While not listed, blood and dirt are also on the fighters now. There are also other small fixes like being able to link to the mobile app but those are the biggest takeaways. Some have even said the game runs a bit better now, but such fixes were not in the official notes.
Speaking of, here are the full MK11 Switch patch notes:
• Link with Mortal Kombat mobile app for bonus rewards
• Community “Thank You” gift with 500,000 Koins, 1,000 Souls, 1,000 Time Crystals, and 500 Hearts
• Bug fixes and overall stability improvements
• Soul Rewards increased 50%
• AI Fighter reaction times increased and max input length decreased
• Fatality count for head spikes decreased
• Move list and frame data corrections
• Integrated launch day gameplay server-side data
• Tweaks to online match-making
• AI adjustments
• Corrected some incorrect instruction text in tutorial mode
• Increased rewards for breakables in The Krypt
• Adjusted rewards from AI Battle mode
• Increased Koin rewards for winning Ranked Matches
Towers of Time
• Modifier damage reduction for fire, DoT, electric storm, etc.
• Modifier intervals in the Gauntlet increased
• Adjusted AI difficulty curve
• Further opponent health reductions in higher level Towers
• Adjusted and removed modifiers from many Daily Towers
• Increased Koin Rewards for kompleting Towers and Tower Platforms
• Increased Dragon Challenge Koin rewards
• Increased post fight Koin rewards
• Increased amount of Hearts earned from Fatalities, Brutalities, and Mercies
• Lowered modifier damage for many modifiers
• Adjusted the lifespan of several modifiers
• Dramatically increased cooldowns on Tag Assist modifiers
• Several Gift/Curse Modifiers are now considered projectiles allowing them to interact with moves that effect projectiles as intended
• Adjusted Gauntlet difficulty and progression requirements
• Disabler Konsumables now work with all intended modifiers
• Improved targeting for several Konsumables
• Sektor Hunter Killer Protocol Modifier is now disabled by the Rocket Disabler Konsumable
• Corrected some multipliers on Augments for some characters which were inconsistent with others
• Fixed incorrect Armor interactions with some Modifiers
• Decreased Konsumable cooldowns for players
The Community Gift has been distributed via the above update for Nintendo Switch players that has 500,000 Koins, 1,000 Souls, 1,000 Time Crystals, 500 Hearts, as a thank you. Please make sure you log in and claim your Community Gift by May 20, 2019, at 8 am CST/6 am PST.
Mortal Kombat 11 May 9 Update Patch Notes | PC update
The MK11 PC version also got an update but it’s a bit different. This is more geared toward bug fixes as it doesn’t add anything but cleans up some technical hiccups. However, it does not address the fixes to the characters towers. The requirements are still higher than the other platforms, but that fix is coming next week.
Here are the full patch notes:
• Temporarily disabled the RGB Lighting feature from online matches to prevent desyncs from occurring at the “FINISH HIM” screen
• Fixed an issue that caused the audio to go out of sync with the Story mode cutscenes
• Fixed a crash that occurred when obtaining Kenshi’s Blindfold in the Krypt
• Fixed an issue where the GPU Autodetection could cause the title to go unresponsive when booting up the title for the first time
• Fixed a crash that could occur when disconnecting a controller in a local multiplayer fight when using at least one DualShock 4 controller
• Fixed an issue where disconnecting a controller after a local two player fight would make the title unresponsive
• Fixed an issue where the title would not launch properly if the Steam folder path contained diacritic marks
• Fixed a rare case where the game would not launch because of an assertion error
• Added additional Shadow optimizations which help improve overall performance
• Various minor Mouse and Keyboard fixes
Hello all, Thank you for expressing your concerns regarding the Character Tower requirements on PC. Our plan is roll out the updated towers to PC next week. We appreciate your patience and will update the PC version of Mortal Kombat 11 as soon as possible.