The Overwatch 2.65 update patch notes bring forth a new Anniversary event, that adds a whole new slew of skins and cosmetics. But that’s not all, as it also incorporates the highly anticipated Workshop to the game. These are the biggest parts of the Overwatch birthday celebration, but there are also a handful of smaller additions too. Keep in mind that these are also the Overwatch 1.36 update patch notes for the PC.
Overwatch 2.65 Update Patch Notes | Skins and Anniversary event
This new anniversary event has a whole bunch of new skins for the game. The Epic ones are are Midnight D.Va, Carbon Fiber Doomfist, Carbon Fiber Pharah, Oro Sombra, and Electric Widowmaker and the Legendary skins are Academy D.Va, Gargoyle Winston, Riot Police Brigitte, Honeydew Mei, Orbital Pharah, and Toxic Roadhog.
This event doesn’t have much new in it aside from the cosmetics as it is mostly a way for players to play old seasonal brawls and earn loot from past events from loot boxes or via credits. These old brawls will cycle in every day. You can read more about the Overwatch Anniversary 2019 event here.
Overwatch 2.65 Update Patch Notes | Workshop
The Workshop system has been on the PTR on PC for quite some time now and has now finally made it to the live servers. It provides players with a simplified scripting system, which allows for people to make unique modes with unique movement abilities, win conditions, and more.
The PC community has already made some interesting stuff like flying Bastions, D.Va races, and even a crude battle royale. Levels come with a code so others can easily find specific creations. Blizzard said it is going to iterate on the feature in the months to come.
Overwatch 2.65 Update Patch Notes | Balance changes
There are only two small balance updates in this patch, which is rare for a patch of this size. This update makes it so Baptiste’s Immortality Field and Wrecking Ball’s mines move with an with the movable object they are placed on. It is mainly useful for when these items are put on the payload.
Overwatch 2.65 Update Patch Notes | Full patch notes
If you want to see the full patch notes in action, you can check them out below.
New Seasonal Event: Overwatch Anniversary 2019
Celebrate Overwatch’s third anniversary with brand new items, including Legendary and Epic skins like Riot Police Brigitte, Academy D.Va, Carbon Fiber Doomfist, Honeydew Mei, Orbital Pharah, Gargoyle Winston, and many more! Did you miss any Overwatch festivities over the previous years? Don’t worry—you’ll be able to unlock items from past events using credits (or by opening Loot Boxes!) Relive the thrill of previous seasonal brawls in the Arcade, with a brawl of the day rotating throughout the Anniversary celebration.
Thank you so much for playing Overwatch with us over the past three years! Your continued support and enthusiasm help drive us to keep creating. We look forward to celebrating with you in-game!
We’re excited to share a new in-game feature called the Workshop! The Workshop greatly expands the game customization features available in the Game Browser by providing a simplified game scripting system. Enhance the Overwatch game modes you know and love with new game rules, new victory conditions, adjustments to the hero movement and abilities, and much more. Once you’ve designed an awesome new game mode, create a code to share it with your friends or the whole community*! To get started using the Workshop, see our Workshop blog post. We’re excited to see what you come up with!
(* Codes created in China cannot be shared with the rest of the world. Codes created outside of China can’t be used by players in China.)
Note that Workshop is a complex feature that we’re still iterating on, so we may need to adjust or turn it off as we work to improve it. Please post any questions or issues in the Workshop forum.
- Immortality Field
- If it lands on a moving platform, it will move along with the platform
- If a mine lands on a moving platform, it will move along with the platform
- Fixed a bug where Immortality Field would become stuck under some objects
- Fixed a bug where Immortality Field would behave oddly when placed on a moving platform
- Fixed a bug where a healing grenade would appear in his Biotic Launcher when it is out of ammo
- Fixed a bug where the healing grenades from the Biotic Launcher wouldn’t hit teammates when deflected by Genji’s Deflect
- Fixed a bug where D.Va’s speed when using Boosters decreased dramatically when flying over some platforms
- Fixed a bug where Genji couldn’t climb up certain pillars on the Havana map
- Fixed a bug where Hanzo couldn’t climb up certain pillars on the Havana map
- Fixed a bug with Moira’s Scientist skin where her lab coat would clip into itself while using the Erlenmeyer victory pose
- Fixed a bug where damage boosting from a teammate’s ability (such as Baptiste’s Amplification Matrix) would count towards Orisa’s damage amplified statistic when using Supercharger
- Some event rewards (Skins, Icons, etc.) aren’t translated into Japanese. We’re working on finishing up these translations. We’ll add these translations in an upcoming release.
- The in-game link to the Workshop Forum will currently send you to the English, Chinese, or Korean forum, depending on your region. This will be fixed in an upcoming release.
- Workshop isn’t completely translated into Japanese. We’re working on finishing up the translations. We’ll add these translations in an upcoming release.