While not as beefy as the last update, the Overwatch 2.66 update patch notes add only a few small things that many players won’t immediately notice. It implements some bug fixes as well as some voice line changes and updates to the Deathmatch mode. None of these changes directly affect the current anniversary event going on nor do they incorporate any of the McCree or D.Va changes on the PTR.
Overwatch 2.66 Update Patch Notes | Deathmatch changes
Deathmatch has been a popular mode in this event. However, it was a bit frustrating since it would cancel the whole game if a few players left. Now, it cancels when there are fewer than four players remaining. It used to be seven. This will cut back and on prematurely ended matches since rage quitters won’t ruin the fun for everyone else. The leaver penalty from Quickplay will also now work for Deathmatch.
Overwatch 2.66 Update Patch Notes | Bug fixes and voice line changes
These are admittedly not as big of changes. However, Blizzard has changed Brigitte’s “Take a hike” Anniversary voice line to “Get out of here” and Roadhog’s “You’re a talker. I don’t like talkers.” Anniversary voice line to “I’m beached as, bro.”
Both were altered because they were basically the same as another preexisting voice line, as some people pointed out on Reddit for Roadhog and Brigitte. Something must have gotten crossed up in the multiple voice lines for each character, hence the duplicates. These voice lines are now completely new lines.
The Academy D.Va skin also saw a small change. The decal on her Meka now says “가디언” instead of “판결자” and some are speculating that Blizzard changed it because the translation is a bit wonky. The first rendition was intended to mean “judge and arbiter,” but there was an error in the translation and wasn’t an actual word. The new one means “guardian.” Something similar happened with Hanzo’s tattoos as Blizzard used the wrong Japanese text.
Overwatch 2.66 Update Patch Notes | Full notes
There are some other small, rare bugs that are in the full patch notes, which you can read below.
- Fixed an issue with Deathmatch games that caused matches to be canceled when there were fewer than seven players remaining. Deathmatch games will now be canceled when there are fewer than four players remaining.
- Quickplay leaver penalty now working as intended for Deathmatch modes.
- Fixed a bug that caused voice lines to stop playing in the Hero Gallery after playing 128 of them.
- Added remaining Japanese translations for Anniversary unlocks and Workshop content.
- Changed the decal on the Academy D.Va skin from “판결자” to “가디언”.
- Fixed a bug that allowed
- Torbjörn’s turret to shoot through walls in certain locations.
- Fixed a bug where Ashe wasn’t gaining ultimate charge while B.O.B. existed.
- Changed Brigitte’s “Take a hike” Anniversary voice line to “Get out of here”.
- Changed Roadhog’s “You’re a talker. I don’t like talkers.” Anniversary voice line to “I’m beached as, bro.”