The Dreams 1.03 update is now live on PS4. With Media Molecule pretty much leaving the game as-is for the first few months, many are sure to be eagerly anticipating what’s included in the new Dreams Early Access update. With that in mind, we’ll be running through the major changes down below, as well as how it all might affect how you create, craft, and play the work found in the Dreamiverse. It’s all here in our run-down of the Dreams 1.03 update patch notes.
Dreams 1.03 Update
Media Molecule has launched a brand-new kit, Ancient Times, which is packed full of assets, music, and other tools to get the creative juices flowing. That all ties in to a new upcoming Game Jam this month around the theme of, you guessed it, Ancient Times. Dive in and dig up some of the new content right now!
New Mm Arcade games
It’s not just user-made content you get your hands on in Dreams. Two new Mm (Media Molecule) arcade titles have been made available. They are Cosmic Sands and Combo Crush. Cosmic Sands, on its own, is well worth checking out: It’s the product of a 50-plus hour train journey during Media Molecule’s recent Train Jam.
Other tweaks and fixes
This update, aside from the deluge of fresh content, is all about tightening things up. “Various crashes” have been patched out, while several unnamed bugs have been removed, and even localization has been given the once-over, to ensure the best possible experience for all users. The most important, however, from a community aspect is the new Blocking feature. If someone’s not playing by the rules (or is making thousands of penis-themed levels, presumably), then you can give them a swift block. You’ll never have to see their profile (or levels) ever again.
Dreams 1.03 Update Patch Notes
- What’s New feature – To highlight all of the updates, improvements and great new features that we’re packing into each update, we have added a brand new What’s New area, showcasing all of the newness. You can access What’s New from the main menu.
- New Imp Quests – As well as adding some new standard Imp Quests, we have also added a brand new type: The Creative Imp Quest. Ooooooh!
- Mm Arcade – Your favourite place to hang out after school has been updated with fresh new content in the form of two new levels. Comic Sands makes its debut to Early Access after its inception aboard the Train Jam last year – a 52-hour train journey to GDC! And Combo Crush is brand new combo-crushing mini-game that sees Connie chaining Combo Crush combos in a colossal combo-crushing calamity.
- Ancient Times Kit – A brand new kit from Media Molecule. It’s got everything you’d expect from an expedition to a land that time forgot, and so much more: temples, dinosaur bones, Runestones, beautiful sculptures and exotic plants for you to use in your creations. All these are presented in three beautiful scenes with the character Artio for you to explore with. Plus, something any Archaeologist could only dream of unearthing: themed tribal and ancient music to anchor you to these magical places. It’ll have you making age-old oddities faster than you can say sarcophagus.
- More Info settings – You can now adjust the amount of time it takes for the handy “More Info” prompts to appear. Find the Adjust More Info Timing options in the Prompts area of the My Preferences menu.
- Cover Pages – The cover pages for your creations can now be glammed up even more, with new colour schemes and functionality. All available in the Cover Page creation flow.
- Creation Listing – You can now choose whether or not you would like your creations to appear in search results. The Listed or Unlisted option is now available as a setting when publishing your creations.
- Social Media Short-links – All you share-bears out there will be pleased to hear that links to indreams.me will now be included with your videos when using the SHARE button. This works with all the social media sites, apart from Twitter.
- Blocking users – You can now block other users within Dreams. Once someone is hit with your block-hammer, you will no longer see them, their content or their activity. Plus, they won’t get to see you either. You can manage your block list from My Preferences > Social.
- Tweak menu values – A neat little shortcut for editing numbers on tweak menus has been added, allowing you to edit directly by pressing L1 + Square buttons on the slider you wish to change.
- Intro levels – The Mm Showcase has been updated with the Intro Levels, to replay and enjoy to your heart’s content.
- Updated: New options and functionality are available for AutoSurfing.
- Fixed: Various crashes and hangs which could be encountered throughout Dreams.
- Fixed: Various text and localization errors throughout Dreams.
- Fixed: Controller indicator icon was missing on some button prompts when using PlayStation®Move motion controllers
- Fixed: When in Coat Mode interacting with the Colour Picker would apply colour through the UI to assets behind.
- Fixed: Strange side-to-side torso wobble when returning a Puppet to standing from a laying down pose.
- Fixed: Default puppet needed updating if the character was selected from categories.
- Fixed: When painting onto a character with existing paint on it using Surface Snap, after undoing some paint is left behind as if it is part of the original paint object on the Puppet.
- Fixed: If the Puppet rig was not placed correctly over the Puppet base the sway tweak could cause the Puppet to be pushed forwards or backwards over the base while the feet attempted to stay central.
- Fixed: In the Colour Picker, when trying to drop a second colour into the mixer the imp would unintendedly snap to the surface when Surface Snap was on.
- Fixed: When in Coat Mode and choosing a colour with the Colour Picker, it was possible to scale the Volume Brush without seeing the brush.
- Fixed: Grabbing a jointed object in Play Mode could cause attached sculpts to suddenly increase in size and move.
- Fixed: When using FK animation and keyframing individual Puppet legs this would override the procedural walking animations and the legs wouldn’t move.
- Fixed: Reverting or changing the finish or hue of an object in Coat Mode was not recorded properly when using an Action Recorder.
- Fixed: When sculpting, if the shape had been “crushed” it would not move with the camera so would get further and further from the screen.
- Fixed: It was possible to start a Connector inside a Puppet and scope out of the group to then connect it to another object.
- Fixed: When in Playtest Mode, pausing the game with the Camera unlocked would cause the blurred effect to persist.
- Fixed: Various performance and engine-side issues to improve the experience.
- Fixed: Imp Text Prompt outputs were still present on the Dialogue Text Displayer even after the option had been turned off.
- Fixed: When animating a Text Gadget gizmo rotating in position, there was an unexpected rotation when the animation was played back causing the gizmo to rotate unexpectedly.
- Fixed: Animating a coat effect on a keyframe would fail to apply any effect if the keyframe already had animation information assigned to sliders.
- Fixed: If an Action Recorder was placed on a Timeline at the start of recording an animation, the rewind hotkey (L3) would fail to end the recording.
- Fixed: When recording possession with the microphone turned on, the Playhead in the animation progress bar would fail to move.
- Fixed: When using the Action Recorder, if it had been set to play once before recording the Playhead on the animation progress bar would fail to move.
- Fixed: The Power port of the Teleporter Gadget did not show when wiring until the Imp and Wire were over the tile instead of appearing as soon as a Wire was being held.
- Fixed: On the Trigger Zone gizmo, the cone-shaped zone would jump to an unexpected position when the cone cap was grabbed.
- Fixed: When updating an asset which has a keyframe affecting scale attached to it, on applying the update in a containing Dream the asset would be scaled twice.
- Fixed: Prompts past the 10th Imp Prompt could not be independently selected on the Dialogue Text Displayer.
- Fixed: When a Timeline is pinned, the rewind and play buttons could get blocked by sculpts or canvases near the camera.
- Fixed: When using the Adjust Handle on the right end of the Action Recorder gadget it couldn’t be resized to one frame long on a Timeline.
- Fixed: It wasn’t possible to record a keyframe Playhead when using the motion controllers.
- Fixed: When hovering over the background of the Play/Pause button on a Timeline, the button will repeatedly focus and un-focus.
- Fixed: When a Timeline has been powered off with a smoothed signal, objects being animated would not revert correctly to the default pose.
- Fixed: Pressing the Up directional button over the “Tail shape” slider on the Text Displayer tweak menu wouldn’t increase the value unless the button was held for over a second.
- Fixed: Some gadget zones would fail to find their target if they were flipped.
- Fixed: Players could not manually enter a value into the Operation Slider of the Score Modifier gadget.
- Fixed: The Advance Rotator’s X and Y axis were not consistent with the values of other gadgets with similar functions.
- Fixed: After pressing Undo the Wire nodes on a Microchip did not return to their original positions.
- Fixed: Some node icons in the Controller Sensor had the top of their icons clipped.
- Fixed: When a gadget Camera is attached to a spinning block, if scaled down this could cause lag in the camera.
- Fixed: If a Checkpoint gadget had been linked to a Doorway or other gadget, the zone options would be greyed out on the tweak menu but the zone would still be visible.
- Fixed: Sending a signal to the Signal Manipulator would cause two Bypass options to be present.
- Fixed: When a Force Applier set to Pull had its strength increased to 100% the object would be pulled to the centre then dropped immediately.
- Fixed: In the Checkpoint gadget, the Zone Shape didn’t highlight to indicate the selected shape when another gadget was plugged into the Activate Me port.
- Fixed: The Text Displayer’s Opacity and Brightness settings would together affect the text box border.
- Fixed: Text created using the Text Displayer would fade in a way inconsistent to other assets in the game.
- Fixed: The Follower gadget would not follow a Tag custom position when the position of the Tag had been offset.
- Fixed: When using a Controller Sensor to activate a keyframe that alters a sculpt, repeatedly pressing this button would cause the sculpt to distort.
- Fixed: When using the Speaker gadget the coloured dots used to represent speaker positions would render outside of the bounds of the Surround Pan if a Splitter was wired into it.
- Fixed: On the Emitter gadget, grabbing the arrow gizmo would cause it to move unexpectedly.
- Fixed: Text boxes created using the Text Displayer in a scene would prevent the player from sensing grab through it using the Imp.
- Fixed: When positioning text using one of the text gadgets near the edge of the screen, the camera would drift and cause the text box to offset from the Imp tip.
- Fixed: In Sound Mode, if the user had two sound strokes selected on the Piano Roll and one was against the left border, de-selecting the first would prevent the second from moving any further to the left.
- Fixed: In Sound Mode, if a Sound Gadget’s Piano Roll was set to below D5, switching to Row Mapping would result in notes drawn on the top row not having a resize gizmo.
- Fixed: In Sound Mode, it was possible to place notes beyond the extreme left border of the Piano Roll.
- Fixed: In Sound Mode, the Draw Notes tool was visible in both Freeform and Slice Mapper views despite not being usable in these modes.
- Fixed: In Sound Mode with Music Snap turned off, re-sizing would snap to whatever value was set in Music Snap.
- Fixed: Using a keyframe to adjust a Sound Gadget’s Coarse Pitch setting would not be accurate.
- Fixed: After selecting a Sound Stroke on the Piano Roll view and then attempting to move it on the Freeform view the selected stroke would not be moved correctly.
- Fixed: In Sound Mode, the Effect Field’s filter effect settings were incorrect visually.
- Fixed: When in Sound Mode on an instrument with canvas pinned to screen, performing would have unexpected results.
- Fixed: When a sound asset’s Playback Mode setting had been changed, undoing a separate setting would reset the Playback Mode.
- Fixed: In the Dreamiverse, changing Categories or Tags did not reset the filtered results to the beginning.
- Fixed: Collaborators would receive a message warning that another player was editing a creation even when only viewing the creation.
- Fixed: Giving a Thumbs up to Creations played on the AutoSurf Complete page would not contribute towards the progression of the Imp Quest ‘Bravo’.
- Fixed: When searching it was possible to filter Collections by “Remixable” which would never return any results.
- Fixed: When a player got a notification regarding a Tag being censored the notification would appear blank.
- Fixed: When searching the Dreamiverse, changing a letter quickly would not update the search and would show incorrect results.
- Fixed: When a sound asset was placed in a Collection and then edited from within it, the asset’s audio preview would be lost when not inside the Collection.
- Fixed: In the Dreamiverse, when a Comment had multiple lines which would auto scroll when selected the L2 and R2 prompts to move the text had no functionality.
- Fixed: There were no Tags present on any of the creations seen in the Mm Showcase.
- Fixed: When the Imp went off screen for a short time it would lose one of its eyes.
- Fixed: Holding the OPTIONS button after re-centring the Imp would cause the Imp to have an odd blur when moving around.
- Fixed: When uploading a Photo, spamming the Upload button could cause the Photo to become corrupted both in the game and on indreams.me.
- Fixed: The Search function did not work in the “MM Stuff” tab of the Homespace Editor.
- Fixed: When exiting an auto-backup save the player would be taken to the Dream’s details page but missing many options and details, the Dream would then be deleted upon exiting this page.
- Fixed: Some improvements made to the overzealous profanity filter.
- Fixed: When writing a comment using a USB keyboard, if the controller disconnected via timeout the player would be exited out of the review and lose all their progress.
- Fixed: Various bugs across Mm Content, including Intro Levels, Tutorials, Assets and Templates.