After a brief period of server maintenance today, July 9, there is going to be a brand-new Rainbow Six Siege update available to download and install on PC. Skip to the end to read through the complete list of Rainbow Six Siege 1.69 update patch notes. Alternatively, however, you can learn a little more about the Rainbow Six Siege Y4S2.2 update in the patch notes highlights below. We’ll also go through the game’s server downtime for you so you know exactly when the update will be live.
Rainbow Six Siege 1.69 Update Patch Notes | Highlights
As stated above, you will need to wait for a brief period of server maintenance downtime to take place before you can download and install the 1.69 update in Rainbow Six Siege. Thankfully, the server maintenance should only last around 20 minutes and it will begin at the following times:
- 7 AM PT
- 10 AM EDT
- 2 PM UTC
- 3 PM BST
- 4 PM CEST
Primarily, the Y4S2.2 (1.69) update is set to bring in plenty of bug fixes. You’ll be glad to know, for example, that you will no longer be able to spin around like a spinning-top. You will no longer be kicked from a game after you put the hostage in DBNO during the preparation phase, either.
Fixes to levels and Operators have taken place, too. For example, Warden’s HUD will no longer become larger when climbing a ladder, deploying a shield, or when placing down a reinforcement. In terms of level fixes, you will now be able to vault the shelves in the 1F Electrical Room in Bank and the Flash Bang effects that passed through the stained glass windows in Villa and onto the other side is now fixed, too.
It’s not all bug fixes though, a smattering of gameplay adjustments have been made. The Idle Kick timer during the prep phase has been reduced, for example, along with a new Idle Kick feedback warning prompt. Read through the complete patch notes below for more information on everything.
Rainbow Six Siege 1.69 Update Patch Notes
Below, you’ll find the complete list of Rainbow Six Siege 1.69 update patch notes, courtesy of Ubisoft:
Updated parameters for Reverse Friendly Fire interactions with hostage
- RFF triggers for hostage interactions have been aligned to be more reflective of global RFF parameters
Lesion Gu Mine Cloaking
- Lesion Gu Mine cloaking mechanics have been updated with Echo’s cloaking mechanic to prevent detection through ballistic shields.
- Reduced Idle kick timer during prep phase.
- Additional new idle-kick feedback warning prompt.
- Fixed – Attackers can break their rotation axis through a series of steps, allowing them to spin like a top. No more Beyblade.
- Fixed – Placing certain gadgets (Jammer, Prisma, Evil Eye, etc.) in front of a destructible wall segment can interfere with later attempts to reinforce.
- Fixed – Shield operators can see an invisible Yokai VFX through their shield when the glass is damaged.
- Fixed – Players can lose partial functionality if they started to defuse at the same time as another defender.
- Fixed – Sometimes the Defuser can be pushed outside the bomb site by interactions with barricades and wall reinforcements.
- Fixed – Players are kicked after putting the hostage in DBNO during prep phase.
- Fixed – Echo drones fixed on a ceiling hatch continue to stay in place even after hatch is destroyed.
- Fixed – Mozzie’s hacked drone view for Defender Operators in Support mode are in color when they should be black + white. (Only Mozzie should see hacked drones in full-color).
- Fixed –Airjab proximity SFX is not present in replays.
- Fixed – Glitches feedback in first person POV continues playing after leaving rappel.
- Fixed –HUD becomes larger when deploying a shield, placing a reinforcement, or when on a ladder.
- Fixed – Shock drone’s beams cannot travel through railings on some maps to destroy cameras
- Fixed – Twitch drone view for Defender Operators in Support mode are in color when they should be black + white. (Only Twitch should see her drones in full-color).
- Fixed – Players can vault the shelves at 1F Electrical Room.
- Fixed – Drone can be thrown into ceiling of 1F Teller’s Office.
- Fixed – Missing entry prompt when rappelling down from EXT Low Roof Skylight.
- Fixed – Operators clip through the South building’s wall when rappeling down EXT Low Roof while holding the hostage.
- Fixed – Lesion cannot deploy his Gu mines on a specific location at the entrance of Ext Tunnel.
- Fixed – Players can vault and go through ceiling areas of EXT Pedestrian Customs.
- Fixed – Missing drone collision with in 1F Workshop allows drones to scan without being spotted.
- Fixed – Attackers can vault onto the purple tarps from EXT rooftop.
- Fixed – Defender drones lose reception in the 2F VIP Lounge drone hole.
- Fixed – Drones can be thrown between the floorboards above B Garage.
- Fixed – Obstructed ADS vision in B Escape Tunnel.
- Fixed – One of the soft walls in B Container cannot be reinforced from the outside at EXT Construction Site.
- Fixed – LOD issues with glass display in 2F Museum Room.
- Fixed – Missing barricade at the start of a round in 2F Sewing Room.
- Fixed – Various window clipping and texture issues.
- Fixed – Flash Bang effects can pass through the stained glass windows on Villa onto the other side.
- Fixed – It is difficult to deploy Gadgets on some of the windows/flat window surfaces where they should be able to be deployed.
- Fixed – LOD issue in 2F Pillar Room.
- Fixed – Players can prone and hide in a shelf in 3F Bar Backstore.
- Fixed – Blocked windows from previous Kafe showing red outlines during preparation phase.
- Fixed – Operators can hide inside the cupboards in 1F Dining Room
- Fixed – Floating debris after destroying the wall in 2F Fireplace Hall.
- Fixed – Minor missing visual elements.
- Fixed – [Situations] Drone can remain stuck inside a tree after spawning in EXT Park.
- Fixed – Missing collision with doorstep when the floor is destroyed allows gadgets to pass through a beam.
- Fixed – Operators can clip through the B Tower Stairs.
- Fixed – Players can vault onto the vending machine in 2F Garage Lounge.
- Fixed – Missing compass location after rappelling towards EXT Dragon Statue.
Fixed – Spamming of special characters in All Text chat causes freezing.
Fixed – Players are put into a situation instantly after cancelling a discovery queue.
Fixed – Updates to various UI elements.
Fixed – Fixes for some modeling and texture issues.
Fixed – Swapping between guns will make ADS to be offset when in Support mode.