The Teamfight Tactics 9.14B Update patch notes are here and they detail some neat balance changes and some small bug fixes for this interesting new game mode in Riot Games’ hit MOBA League of Legends. While there have been some truly spectacular patches so far like the mainline 9.14 patch ten days ago, this particular patch is much smaller. Called a “B-Side patch”, it mainly focuses on some smaller changes to the game’s Champions. There is, however, one change that’s been made that could have a big effect on how you play the game.
Teamfight Tactics 9.14B Update Patch Notes
The Teamfight Tactics 9.14B Update patch notes have a bunch of small changes for the game’s Champions and some of the items, but there is one change in particular that may be interesting: the way critical strike damage is calculated has been changed.
Previously, critical strike damage was processed multiplicatively. Suppose that you had bonuses of 10%, 10%, and 25% at the same time — the overall bonus would be calculated thusly:
100% + 10% = 110% + 10% = 121 + 25% = 151.25
Now, critical strike damage is going to be processed additively, changing the way bonuses will stack. Here is how the same numbers would be processed under the new system:
100% + 10% + 10% + 25% = 145%
That’s not all that’s changing in this particular area of the game. the critical strike damage for the Assassin Trait is dropping from 150%/350% to 125%/325%. On the upside, the Infinity Edge item is increasing critical strike damage from 100% to 150%.
Despite the increase in critical strike damage for the Infinity Edge, the changes to the way stacking bonuses are calculated and the base nerf to the Assassin trait means that Assassins will deal approximately 25% less damage. The Infinity Edge buff, however, will effectively cancel out the nerf to the new calculation for critical strike damage.
Of course, there are plenty of other changes to Champions, Items, and mechanics in the Teamfight Tactics 9.14B Update patch notes — read on for the full list!
Teamfight Tactics 9.14B Update Patch Notes | Full List
Critical Strike Damage
- Critical strike damage now stacks additively rather than multiplicatively. Paired with changes to Assassins and Infinity Edge, also in this patch, Assassins will deal around 25% less damage and IE will come out net neutral.
- Critical Strike Damage: 150%/350% ⇒ 125%/350%
- Bonus Ability Power: 35/100 ⇒ 45/100
- Attack Speed per Stack: 8% ⇒ 10%
- Golem HP: 2500 ⇒ 2200
- Ability Damage: 100/175/250 ⇒ 100/200/300
- Health: 700 ⇒ 650
- Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.7
- Attack Damage: 50 ⇒ 60
- Health: 600 ⇒ 550
- Attack Damage: 70 ⇒ 65
- Health: 500 ⇒ 550
- Ability Damage: 300/400/500 ⇒ 300/500/700
- Attack Damage: 55 ⇒ 65
- Attack Speed: 0.7 ⇒ 0.65
- Armor: 35 ⇒ 30
- Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.55
- Trigger Effect Chance: 25% ⇒ 20%
- For the curious, Swordbreaker has a 25% chance and Hush has a 50% chance.
- Critical Strike Damage: 100% ⇒ 150%
Locket of the Iron Solari
- Shield Amount: 300 ⇒ 200
- This was micropatched last week.
- Percent Max Health Damage: 3% ⇒ 5%
- Raptors will now always properly drop a loot box.
- The Guardian trait no longer fades when a guardian dies.
- Redemption will now properly heal 1000HP.
- Guardian Angel will now trigger in all cases.