Bandai Namco Entertainment released the Soul Calibur 6 Update 1.50 patch notes to coincide with today’s update. Available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, the most notable feature coming is the new playable character, Cassandra. Update 1.50 will also add a few changes to the game’s Training Mode, Story, network, Creation mode, casual matches, and character selection. You can skip to the bottom of the page to view the patch notes. Below, you will find a few highlights from Update 1.50.
Soul Calibur 6 Update 1.50 Patch Notes Highlights | New playable fighter Cassandra
Cassandra is the newest character to be added to Soul Calibur 6‘s growing roster. Revealed at Evo 2019, Cassandra Alexander is the sister of Sophitia, one of the most recognizable characters from the series. She first made her debut in Soul Calibur 2 with her last playable appearance being Soul Calibur 4. She wields the Owl shield and Omega sword with an improvised Athenian fighting style. From the video below, she looks like one of the quicker characters in the game with good launching ability to string combos.
Cassandra is the last DLC fighter for the current Season Pass. You can purchase the Season Pass, which gives you access to all of Soul Calibur 6‘s current DLC for $29.99. If you only want specific characters, it will cost $5.99 apiece.
Soul Calibur 6 Update 1.50 Patch Notes Highlights | Game changes
Cassandra might be the most prominent feature, but there are a ton of changes coming to Soul Calibur 6 with Update 1.50. Much of the changes made can be chalked up as quality-of-life improvements, making certain portions of the game more convenient for players.
For Training Mode, the cursor will now remember your previous selection when you are selecting a Combat Lesson. During actual training, your Soul Charge will now remain after reset position; your position and Soul Charge will be resent by pressing L3 (left joystick)+L1+R1 at the same time. Adjustments to setting CPU actions have also been implemented.
Another quality-of-life improvement made involves your created characters. When selecting a creation character, the cursor will now remember the last character you chose. Additionally, it will remember the last that weapon you chose. It may be a small improvement, but it makes that process much more convenient for players who do use their created characters.
Soul Calibur 6 Update Patch Notes | Full patch notes
Cassandra the Warring Maiden joins her sister on the Stage of History today! Unlock her with the SOULCALIBUR VI Season Pass or get her as a standalone DLC.
Along with Cassandra, we’ve released patch 1.50, which includes the following content:
- Temple stage with the evening in the background is added.
- Note: This stage is limited to Cassandra’s story.
- Cursor remembers previous selection when selecting Combat Lessons.
- Soul Charge remains after reset position in Training Mode. Positioning and Soul Charge will be reset by pressing left stick (L3) + L1 + R1 at the same time.
- Action adjustments: If CPU is crouching when shifting “Action1” to “Action2”, make him stand up first and then do action 2. At the end of “Action1” after selecting “Play Command Record” as “Action2”, have been changed.
- Note: When action setting system in Training Mode (including Play Command Record) is being used, action speed would be fast as possible.
- Change the default display to “Return to Previous Mode” when return from Rank match.
- Note: Change selection to “Return to Previous Mode” at result screen after Rank match battle.
- Soul charge remains after reset position.
- Note: Added consecutive battle in Casual match.
- Added ON/OFF option for opponent’s creation character in Rank match and Casual match. When it’s “OFF”, opponent’s costume will be displayed as default.
- Names for custom-created characters can now be input in Japanese (2 byte letters)
- Color selection of extra parts “Butterfly Antennas” is added.
- Able to see host player’s license when room searching in Casual match.
- Added sound effect when matching in Arcade mode or Training mode.
- Cursor remembers the previous position for each players when selecting creation character.
- Cursor remembers the previous position when selecting character’s weapon.