Developer Blue Mammoth released the Brawlhalla update 3.47 patch notes which add loads of balance changes, game improvements, and bug fixes. More notably, it adds four of the most popular WWE Superstars to its ever-growing roster of characters, both original and from other pop culture properties. You can check out the full patch notes at the bottom of the page. Below are some of the highlights from the new update.
Brawlhalla Update 3.47 Patch Notes Highlights | WWE takes over Brawlhalla
The new update brings fan-favorite WWE Superstars, both new and old, to Brawlhalla. Dubbed Epic Crossovers, these new characters have custom signature effects, lock-in animations, dedicated Roster spots, and two new weapon skins.
The first is the People’s Champ himself, The Rock. Now more known for his acting career than his time with the WWE, you will be able to play as Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson in Brawhalla. Wielding “The People’s Elbow,” a giant hammer that would give Triple H’s sledgehammer a run for its money, The Rock can summon ropes to give him that extra boost to take them out.
One of the current WWE SmackDown Tag Team champs, Xavier Woods, will be playable in Brawlhalla. He will wield his signature trombone as he uses the power of positivity to defeat the opposition. This includes summoning his fellow New Day members, Tag Team champ Big E and WWE champion Kofi Kingston, to the battlefield.
“The Man “Becky Lynch will be joining the fray. Now the current Raw Women’s champion, the “Lasskicker” can use the “Manhandle Slam” to swiftly take out her opponents. She can wield a crutch, which will have WWE fans reminiscing that one time she attacked both Charlotte Flair and Ronda Rousey during Elimination Chamber earlier this year.
Last, but certainly not least, John Cena will be making his way to Brawhalla’s ring. While you can definitely see him, he can use a fire hydrant or ladder to adjust some attitudes.
In addition to the new WWE Superstars, there will also be a WWE themed game mode and Brawl of the Week called “Brawldown.” Set in a wrestling ring sporting a SummerSlam-themed apron, Brawldown is a 3 minute 2v2 match. The ropes are interactable allowing you to bounce yourself or your opponent off of them. There will also be chairs and tables so you can deal heavy damage. The team that knocks out their opponent three times first wins.
When you login during the WWE Epic Crossover event, you will earn a daily login bonus of 250 gold. You will also notice a difference in the game’s UI as it is now themed for the WWE event.
Brawlhalla Update 3.47 Patch Notes Highlights | Legend rotation and Mallhalla
For those who play Brawlhalla on the regular, there is also a new Legend rotation that allows you to play a select few characters for free. Here is the new Legend rotation:
If you end up liking any of the Legends above, or the featured WWE Superstars now available, you can go to Mallhalla, Brawhalla’s in-game store to unlock them. There should now be new Sales items so you can save on some of the goodies the game has to offer.
Brawlhalla Update 3.47 Patch Notes Highlights | Balance changes
There are quite a few balance changes for the new update. Most of these changes bring minor buffs and quality-of-life improvements to some of the weapons, as well as nerf those that “outpace” other weapons in competitive play. Additionally, a few of Brawlhalla‘s Legends that have unique properties to their Signatures have been “enhanced.”
Among the characters who have received changes is Teros. Teros’ Side Axe move had a long recover time. As such, the developers have reduced the recovery time so the move wasn’t as risky. The recovery time is now at 15 instead of 18.
Full Brawlhalla Update 3.47 Patch Notes Highlights
WWE Superstars The Rock, John Cena, Becky Lynch, and Xavier Woods join Brawlhalla! They’ve brought with them the new WWE-themed game mode Brawldown, bonus Gold, and more.
Additionally, we’ve made a balance pass, game improvements, bug fixes, and other updates!
To catch the latest Brawlhalla news and content, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Discord!
Introducing Your WWE Superstars in Valhalla!
The Rock, John Cena, Becky Lynch, and Xavier Woods are new Epic Crossovers! Epic Crossovers feature custom Signature effects, custom lock-in animations, dedicated Roster spots, and two new Weapon Skins.
In Brawlhalla, The Rock, John Cena, Becky Lynch, and Xavier Woods mirror the abilities of Sentinel, Hattori, Gnash, and Bödvar, respectively, and will be staying in Mallhalla after the event ends. All WWE trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of WWE and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. © 2019 WWE. All Rights Reserved.
- The Rock Epic Crossover – “Can you smell what The Rock is cookin’?”
- Sporting his signature weapon the “People’s Elbow,” The Rock is ready to battle the competition.
- John Cena Epic Crossover – “You can’t see me.”
- The leader of Cenation is ready to adjust some attitudes.
- Becky Lynch Epic Crossover – “I am The Man.”
- Watch out for her Manhandle Slam as Becky Two Belts dominates the arena.
- Xavier Woods Epic Crossover – “Power of positivity!”
- With his team mates Big E and Kofi, Xavier is bringing a New Day to the ring!
This WWE Superstar event also includes:
- A new WWE themed Game Mode and Brawl of the Week – Brawldown!
- Daily login bonus of 250 Gold to celebrate the WWE Epic Crossover event!
- A WWE Superstar UI Takeover!
New Brawl of the Week – Brawldown!
Step into the ring with your tag team partner for a 2v2 no holds barred match! Keep the momentum going by bouncing yourself or your opponents off the ropes. Stun your target with a folding chair or knock them into a table for heavy damage. KO your opponents 3 times each to win!
- 2v2 Stocks
- 3 minutes
- Use folding chairs and tables to stun your enemies!
Updated Esports Main Menu Tile
We have improved our esports hub button on the main menu for Xbox One and PC!
- On Xbox One, you may now click on the esports tile, located on the bottom left, to see the Esports Menu, where you can register, watch tournaments, and check power rankings.
- For PC and Xbox One, the Esports Menu now includes a new landing page with access to our social media and tournaments.
- Follow the WWE logo to find the newest Crossovers!
- We’re currently rapidly rotating through chests. See the in-game timer to know when the next chest will rotate.
- Check out the new Sales items!
This cycle of balance changes brings some minor buffs and quality of life improvements to some Weapons, while also reining in several Weapons that have begun to outpace the others in competitive play. We have enhanced a number of Legends who have unique properties on their Signatures, and have reduced the amount of risk on several overly committal attacks.
Axe: We have increased the force of the aerial Down Air, as the recent change from Test Features left it slightly too weak at later health ranges.
- Axe Down Air: Increased Force of the aerial version from 41 Fixed/25 Variable to 45 Fixed/30 Variable.
Blasters: The Blasters Neutral Light combo has been removed in favor of less time between the 2nd and 3rd shot on-hit, as well as a more consistent setup location for less commitment in 2v2 games and more predictable solo strings. Some power has been shifted away from the Side Air’s damage, in favor of an increased range of vertical follow-up attacks from the Down Light.
- Blasters Neutral Light: Decreased Stun of the final hit from 22 to 20; Decreased time before the 3rd shot on hit from 18 to 15; Slightly lowered setup location of the 2nd shot.
- Blasters Side Air: Decreased Damage from 17 to 16.
- Blasters Down Light: Knockback angle from final shot is now more vertical.
Cannon: A number of the Cannon’s attacks, including the Down Light, Recovery, and Side Light, have received updates in hitboxing to more accurately match their intended threat ranges, resulting in slightly less coverage towards the rear and edges of these attacks. The Down Light has slightly increased Recover time on miss to better match its potential reward, while the Side Air has decreased Stun to open up dodge windows on some early health combos.
- Cannon Down Light: Updated hitboxing to better match the animation, resulting in decreased Threat Coverage at the top and rear of the attack; Increased Recover time on miss from 0 Fixed/13 Variable to 1 Fixed/14 Variable.
- Cannon Recovery: Updated hitboxing to better match the animation, resulting in decreased Threat Coverage at the extreme edges and bottom of the attack.
- Cannon Side Air: Decreased Stun of the final hit from 14 to 12.
- Cannon Side Light: Reduced Threat Coverage towards the rear of this attack.
Gauntlets: The Gauntlets Neutral Light has received slightly increased Damage to better match the low range on this attack.
- Gauntlets Neutral Light: Increased Damage from 14 to 15.
Hammer: We have increased the Stun of Hammer Down Light for more reliable follow-up attacks at all health ranges, as well as increasing the time before gravity resumes after Gravity Canceling this attack for more reliable aerial follow-up attacks.
- Hammer Down Light: Increased Stun from 25 to 27; Increased Gravity Cancel time from 9 to 15.
Katars: The Katar Down Light has proven to be too powerful of an anti-air, so we have reduced the Hit Window and Stun while increasing the Recover time on miss to open up greater windows for challenging this attack. Some of this power has been shifted into the Neutral Light for a slightly decreased Time to Hit. We have also increased the Variable Force of the Side Light and slightly decreased the Stun of the grounded Down Air to curtail some combos and strings that could far outpace the damage build of other weapons.
- Katar Down Light: Decreased Hit Window from 7 to 5; Decreased Stun from a range of 22~16 to a range of 20~16; Increased Recover time on miss from 4 Fixed/18 Variable to 6 Fixed/18 Variable.
- Katar Side Light: Increased Force from 40 Fixed/0 Variable to 40 Fixed/8 Variable.
- Katar Neutral Light: Decreased Time to Hit from 7 to 6.
- Katar Down Air: Decreased Damage of the final hit of the grounded version from 6 to 4; Decreased Stun of the final hit of the grounded version from 12 to 11.
Scythe: The Scythe Neutral Air and Neutral Light have both received slightly increased Recover time on miss to better match their potential reward, while the Neutral Air also slows the users momentum on hit to prevent it from carrying targets too far at low health ranges. We have also shifted some power from the Ground Pound’s threat coverage in favor of increased Stun on the Side Air.
- Scythe Neutral Air: Decreased the amount of momentum that can carry over into this attack on hit; Increased Recover time on miss from 3 Fixed/20 Variable to 4 Fixed/20 Variable.
- Scythe Neutral Light: Increased Recover time on miss from 3 Fixed/20 Variable to 5 Fixed/20 Variable.
- Scythe Ground Pound: Decreased Threat Coverage at the top of this attack.
- Scythe Side Air: Increased Stun from 20 to 22.
Spear: We have increased the Stun and decreased the Recover time of the Spear’s Neutral Air attack to provide more time to track an opponent’s trajectory and initiate a followup attack.
- Spear Neutral Air: Increased Stun of the final hit from 22 to 24; Decreased Recover time from 8 Fixed/17 Variable to 6 Fixed/17 Variable.
Sword: The small gap between the multi-hit setup and the final hit of the Sword Recovery has been removed, granting users a more reasonable range in which to properly steer this attack for its forceful finish.
- Sword Recovery: Increased Hit Window of the final hit from 1 to 3; Decreased time between the multi-hit setup and the final hit from 2 to 0.
Azoth: The Recover time on Azoth’s Neutral Axe has been decreased to better match its relatively lower threat coverage than most other anti-airs.
- Azoth Neutral Axe: Decreased Recover time of the air landing from 14 to 12; Decreased Recover time of the ground landing from 10 to 8.
Isaiah: Isaiah’s Side Blasters has a lengthy total commitment, so in order to help offset this risk we have significantly reduced its Recover time.
- Isaiah Side Blasters: Decreased Recover time from 19 to 14.
Petra: To bring Petra’s Neutral Gauntlets in line with other similar attacks, we have added some time both before and after the strike, while also slightly decreasing its late game knockout potential.
- Petra Neutral Gauntlets: Increased Recover time from 8 to 9; Increased Minimum Charge time from 7 to 8; Decreased Force from a range of 95~75 Fixed/46~44 Variable to a range of 95~75 Fixed/44~40 Variable.
Rayman: We have increased the amount of time users may charge and hover during Rayman’s Down Gauntlets and Down Axe to make better use of their unique utility. The Down Gauntlets now have significantly less Recover time to better match its total duration, while the Down Axe has a quicker response with decreased Minimum Charge time. Rayman’s Side Axe has also received an increase to its mobility in the form of faster travel speed during the charge, as well as increased damage for a more appropriate reward.
- Rayman Down Gauntlets: Increased Maximum Charge time from 70 to 90; Decreased Recover time from 34 to 26.
- Rayman Down Axe: Increased Maximum Charge time from 67 to 82; Decreased Minimum Charge time from 13 to 10.
- Rayman Side Axe: Increased Damage of the final hit from 17 to 20; Increased travel speed.
Teros: Given Teros’ Side Axe lengthy total commitment, we have reduced its Recover time to help offset the risk involved.
- Teros Side Axe: Decreased Recover time from 18 to 15.
Yumiko: Both Yumiko’s Down Bow and Down Hammer have received decreased Force, while the Down Bow is also granted increased Damage and Stun, for greater followup potential from these setup attacks. We have also reduced the Recover time of her Neutral and Side Bow Signature attacks to help offset their low priority.
- Yumiko Down Bow: Increased Stun from 23 to 28; Decreased Force from 30 Fixed/15 Variable to 30 Fixed/7 Variable; Increased Damage of the final hit from 7 to 11.
- Yumiko Down Hammer: Changed Force from 40 Fixed/20 Variable to 48 Fixed/5 Variable.
- Yumiko Neutral Bow: Decreased Recover time of the air and ground landings from 8 to 6.
- Yumiko Side Bow: Decreased Recover time of the air and ground landings from 7 to 6.
- Meet the Legends page now has working arrow buttons.
- Meet the Legends sorting mode can now be changed by clicking on the sorting text.
- You can now click and drag to change the current game mode or lobby mode in the game settings screen.
- Game settings on PC can now be changed by clicking and dragging them left or right.
- Tabs in the store can now be looped through when navigating with keyboard or controller.
- Improved PC client rendering performance.
- Performance improvements on Hattori’s Down Spear signature special effects.
- Minor updates to Katar Side Light and Down Air animations.
- Updated Bodvar’s Neutral Hammer animation.
- Fixed a bug where players’ earnings in the esports menu were sometimes displaying as $0.01 below their actual earnings.
- Fixed a bug where spectators did not see the matchup numbers in ranked games.
- Bow Down Air: Fixed a case where the aerial version could hit too close to the user.
- Rayman Side Gauntlets: Fixed a timing issue that prevented Rayman from charging to the enhanced version during a Gravity Cancel.
- Rayman Neutral Gauntlets: Fixed a timing issue that prevented Rayman from charging to the enhanced version during a Gravity Cancel.
The new free-to-play Legend rotation for this week includes: Azoth, Ada, Isaiah, Gnash, Petra, Asuri, Sentinel, and Artemis.
- Azoth – Devoted acolytes bring this brilliant and ruthless lich lord to life as he comes into Valhalla to do battle with Bow and Axe.
- Ada – Armed with Blasters and Spear, this nano-tech, elite combat hacker aims to win in the Grand Tournament.
- Isaiah – Major Isaiah Marshall, OEL’s special forces commander is at your service. He utilizes Cannon and Blasters with the help of his drone, equipped with a cloaking device and rockets at its disposal!
- Gnash – In the darkness, before the dawn of history, this Legend was raised by the harsh jungle itself. This Super Hunter uses Grappling Hammer and Spear in battle.
- Petra – Having been set free from Terminus, Petra sets her eyes on Valhalla with her Orb, Gauntlets, and Darkheart powers.
- Asuri – This Night Stalker has claimed the Tournament as her territory and sets upon challengers to her domain using Katars and Sword!
- Sentinel – The first and greatest costumed superhero in America has come to Asgard, finding those who need protecting and vanquishing injustice with his Katars and Grappling Hammer.
- Artemis – Transversing the universe in search of her rival Orion, Artemis has ripped open a wormhole into Valhalla. Armed with a Rocket Lance and Scythe, she is ready to fight!