The Seasonal Artifact mods introduced in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep allow for even further customization of character builds with the Armor 2.0 system. One such build allows Titans to have ridiculously high punching power, and it requires the Wormgod Caress exotic gauntlets. Luckily, the Wormgod Caress gauntlets are one of Destiny 2’s guaranteed-drop exotics, so you can easily find a pair for yourself. It’ll take some time investment, however, so this Destiny 2 Wormgod Caress guide has everything you need to know about how to get these punching machines.
Destiny 2 Wormgod Caress location
The Wormgod Caress gauntlets are a guaranteed reward for completing the Destiny 2: Warmind campaign. Luckily for Destiny 2: New Light players, the Warmind campaign is included in the game’s free-to-play content. Like the other legacy campaigns, though, it’s hidden out of the way, requiring you to pick it up from Amanda Holliday. To find her, head to the eastern wing of the tower, where she’s standing straight ahead of the stair-landing. Once you’ve picked up the Warmind quest from Amanda, it will only take you around one-and-a-half to two hours to complete. If you follow all the quest steps, you’ll eventually be rewarded with the Wormgod Caress.
The Wormgod Caress gauntlets have also been sold from the weekly exotics vendor, Xur, so be sure to stay tuned to our weekly Xur location guides on our Destiny 2 landing page for information about his inventory and whereabouts.
Destiny 2 Season 8 Wormgod Caress build
Using a combination of regular Armor 2.0 mods and mods from the Gate Lord’s Eye seasonal artifact, it’s possible to create a Wormgod Caress build that will have you dishing out massively powerful punches to enemies. Destiny YouTuber xHOUNDISHx first detailed this build, and you can find everything you’ll need for it below. You don’t have to have all of these items for the build to still be effective, however, so feel free to play around with elements of this list.
- Bottom-tree Striker Titan subclass (weapon reloads on melee, melee kills trigger health regeneration, increased melee range and damage)
- Womgod Caress exotic gauntlets (melee kills increase melee damage)
- Thunder Coil class item artifact mod (grants bonus Arc melee ability damage)
- Ballistic Combo chest armor artifact mod (grants melee energy on kills with weapons equipped with Anti-barrier, Disruptor, or Overload artifact mods)
- Unstoppable Melee chest armor artifact mod (Arc melee abilities stagger unshielded enemies)
- A shotgun with the 1-2 Punch perk (increased melee damage when landing all shotgun pellets on an enemy)
- You can find this perk on the One Small Step shotgun from Shadowkeep, the Emperor’s Courtesy from the Crown of Sorrow raid, and others
- A weapon with an Anti-barrier, Disruptor, or Overload artifact mod (allows the Ballistic Combo perk to proc)
This combination of perks and mods will allow you to do incredible damage. In xHOUNDISHx’s video, we can see him take out shielded red-bar enemies with a single hit and do massive damage to yellow-bar majors and bosses, all just with punches and the occasional shotgun blast to proc 1-2 Punch.