The new WWE Brawlhalla 3.51 update is out there and it packs quite a punch, judging by the guest stars that it includes. This is the second WWE-themed Brawlhalla update and features another set of four popular wrestlers. The first set of WWE stars arrived in Ubisoft’s platform fighter with update 3.47 and featured Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Xavier Woods, Becky Lynch, and John Cena.
WWE Brawlhalla 3.51 Update patch notes | Highlights
The new update adds four more famed WWE fighters to the free-to-play brawler via another Epic Crossover. This means that they aren’t entirely new characters designed from scratch; instead, they mirror the abilities of existing fighters, more specifically Thor (The Undertaker), Teros (Roman Reigns), Queen Nai (Asuka), and Ulgrim (“Macho Man” Randy Savage).
This new WWE Brawlhalla crossover includes signature effects for the new characters as well as custom animations, specific roster spots, and a pair of new Weapon Skins. In case you fear that they will be gone for good when this event ends, you can rest assured that these stars are going to remain in the game forever.
It wouldn’t be a WWE brawl if there wasn’t a WWE ring to fight in, but thankfully the original stage that was introduced with the previous update is still available. This is the perfect spot to pit these four wrestlers against each other, but don’t forget to mix and match with the existing warriors for better results. The Brawldown 2v2 tag team game mode is the one that fans of WWE will surely prefer, reenacting some classic matches where folded chairs and tables can be used to stun your rivals.
The rest of the WWE Brawlhalla 3.51 update brings a few improvements to the user interface and a couple of bug fixes, along with the new Legend rotation for the week: You can play for free with Lord Vraxx, Zariel, Barraza, Jhala, Sidra, Thor, Lin Fei, and Mirage.
WWE Brawlhalla 3.51 Update patch notes | Full patch notes
Here are the full patch notes for the Brawlhalla WWE update version 3.51 as provided on the official Brawlhalla website:
New WWE Stars in Brawlhalla
The Undertaker, Roman Reigns, Asuka, and “Macho Man” Randy Savage are new Epic Crossovers! Epic Crossovers feature custom Signature effects, custom lock-in animations, dedicated Roster spots, and two new Weapon Skins.
In Brawlhalla, The Undertaker, Roman Reigns, Asuka, and “Macho Man” Randy Savage mirror the abilities of Thor, Teros, Queen Nai, and Ulgrim, respectively, and will be staying in Mallhalla after the event ends. All WWE trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of WWE and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. © 2019 WWE. All Rights Reserved. Macho Man Randy Savage TM licensed by CMG Brands, LLC.
- The Undertaker Epic Crossover – “Death waits for no man.”
- Equipped with his signature weapon, “The Last Ride,” The Deadman will bring down any challengers!
- Roman Reigns Epic Crossover – “Unleash the Big Dog into the ring!”
- The Big Dog uses even bigger punches to take out his enemies.
- Asuka Epic Crossover – “The Empress of Tomorrow will take you down.”
- No one is ready to cross paths with The Empress of Tomorrow!
- Macho Man Epic Crossover – “I’m the cream of the crop!”
- OOOOOH Yeah!!! “Macho Man” Randy Savage will show why he is the king of the ring!!
These WWE Superstars are also still available:
- The Rock Epic Crossover – “Can you smell what The Rock is cookin’?”
- Sporting his signature weapon the “People’s Elbow,” The Rock is ready to battle the competition.
- John Cena Epic Crossover – “You can’t see me.”
- The leader of Cenation is ready to adjust some attitudes.
- Becky Lynch Epic Crossover – “I am The Man.”
- Watch out for her Manhandle Slam as Becky Two Belts dominates the arena.
- Xavier Woods Epic Crossover – “Power of positivity!”
- With his team mates Big E and Kofi, Xavier is bringing a New Day to the ring!
In Brawlhalla, The Rock, John Cena, Becky Lynch, and Xavier Woods mirror the abilities of Sentinel, Hattori, Gnash, and Bödvar, respectively, and will be staying in Mallhalla after the event ends.
This WWE Superstar event also includes:
- WWE-themed Game Mode, Brawldown, featured as Brawl of the Week.
- Daily login bonus of 250 Gold to celebrate the WWE Epic Crossover event!
- A WWE Superstar UI Takeover!
Brawl of the Week: Brawldown
Step into the ring with your tag team partner for a 2v2 no holds barred match! Keep the momentum going by bouncing yourself or your opponents off the ropes. Stun your target with a folding chair or knock them into a table for heavy damage. KO your opponents 3 times each to win!
- Brawldown Game Mode
- 6 Stocks
- 3 minutes
- Use folding chairs and tables to stun your enemies!
- Follow the WWE logo to find the newest Crossovers!
- We’re currently rapidly rotating through chests. See the in-game timer to know when the next chest will rotate.
- Check out the new Sales items!
Updated Test Features
We’ve added a new test feature to soft platforms and also removed the Double Gravity Cancel test feature. Please let us know your experience with this new test feature. Check out brawlhalla.com/test-features for more information.
Soft Platform Quality of Life:
This test feature aims to reduce frustration with soft platforms by reducing accidental Ledge Cancels – where a Down Air or Ground Pound input snaps to a soft platform and fires a grounded attack – while providing players with a means of snapping to soft platforms more intentionally by Dashing.
- When approaching a soft platform from above, if holding down for 4 or more frames, down attack inputs will always result in a Down Air or Ground Pound instead of a grounded attack.
- When approaching a soft platform from below, down attack inputs will not result in a grounded attack.
- When approaching a soft platform from below, increased the threshold where Dodge inputs will snap to the platform and result in a Dash.
Removed from Test Features: Double Gravity Cancel
Double Gravity Cancel was found to provide little to no benefit for the majority of weapons and Legends and did not provide healthy benefits for those that could make regular use of this mechanic. For these reasons, we have decided to not graduate Double Gravity Cancel, and it has been removed from Test Features.
- Most Legends now use their selected pose in the match preview and store screens.
- The daily Mission for placing top two in Free-for-All now says “Free-for-All top two” instead of “Free-for-All wins” so that it’s now clearer that 2nd place counts for this Mission but not for Missions that require wins with Legends that use a particular Weapon.
Animation and Art
- Updated the performance for the electric hit react effects.
- Minor animation tweak to Queen Nai’s shoulder at the end of her Side Spear Signature
- Minor animation tweaks the legs and feet of Teros’ Down Hammer Signature.
- Fixed a bug where tournament mode high scores were not being displayed.
- Asuri Down Sword Signature: Fixed a case where the first hit of this signature could deal greater damage than intended.
- Katar Recovery: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit. (Credit: Kroltrox)
The new free-to-play Legend rotation for this week includes: Lord Vraxx, Zariel, Barraza, Jhala, Sidra, Thor, Lin Fei, and Mirage.
- Lord Vraxx – This feared warlord dominates his opponents with Rocket Lance and Blasters!
- Zariel – The Celestial, a warrior deity of Holy Justice, who abides in blessed Elysium. Zariel uses Gauntlets and Bow to take down both Demon hordes and any warrior participating in the Grand Tournament.
- Barraza – A feared man in the wastelands with his Blasters and Axe, Barraza is the ultimate survivor and will do what it takes to be at the top in Valhalla.
- Jhala – Given the title “Exalted Lion” by Apollo himself, Jhala “The Unbroken” takes the glamor of Valhalla in stride while having fun slaying her foes with Axe and Sword.
- Sidra – The Corsair Queen, known for her legendary and fearless raids, is prepared to fight with her Sword and Cannon!
- Thor – Finally entering the ring, Thor, God of Thunder, makes his appearance in the Grand Tournament with his trusty Hammer, Mjölnir, and his powerful Orb.
- Lin Fei – A defender of the innocent and teacher of the lost ways. She is a great teacher who has developed her own fighting style, the ‘Way of the Iron Dragon,’ which utilizes her Cannon, Katars and an ancestral dragon-spirit.
- Mirage – An occultist, martial artist, and spy, this agent uses the powers of magic and time-travel along with her Scythe and Spear to take down her foes.