Sony’s Bend Studio has released the patch notes for the Days Gone 1.60 update. The studio said this is the game’s final features update, meaning it’s the last update to add new content (as opposed to just bug fixes and optimization) to Days Gone. The Days Gone update 1.60 patch notes list several new features coming to the game, including some new accessibility options and a few Death Stranding customization options for Deacon’s bike. We’ll touch on the major additions and include the full patch notes below.
Days Gone 1.60 update | Job resetting & accessibility features
The most significant feature introduced in patch 1.60 is the ability to reset Hordes, Ambush Camps, and Infestation Zones, allowing players to replay this content on-command. All open-world jobs can be reset, and they can be reset as many times as players want. In order to reset a particular job, however, players need to meet certain requirements:
- In order to reset any job type, players need to have completed the “For an Outlaw Biker” story mission.
- In order to reset a particular job type, players need to have completed the associated Storyline at 100%.
- “Horde Killer” for Hordes
- “Ambush Camp Killer” for Ambush Camps
- “Infestation Exterminator” for Infestation Zones
Once these requirements have been met, players can select which jobs they would like to reset via the the “Reset Jobs” command in the in-game options menu.
The Days Gone 1.60 patch also adds two new accessibility options: High-contrast mode and linear aiming. High-contrast mode swaps UI element colors for a more readable HUD, and linear aiming makes the camera follow the aiming reticle more directly.
Days Gone 1.60 update | Death Stranding gear
To celebrate Death Stranding’s launch on November 8, Bend Studio introduced a few Death Stranding-themed customization options for players’ bikes, including a BB-style frame paint, a Death Stranding BB tank, and Death Stranding decals. The Death Stranding and BB bike tanks can only be acquired from the Diamond Lake mechanic.
Days Gone 1.60 update | Full patch notes
In addition to these new features, patch 1.60 introduces many additional fixes and adjustments, including an upcoming reset of the “Black Friday” leaderboard. For details, read through the full patch notes below.
Days Gone Patch 1.60 Notes
Hey everyone! This is it! Our final features patch is here and it brings the option to reset jobs, new bike decals and tanks, and a general improvement to optimization for our game.
Please note that we plan to make this the final features patch for Days Gone.
Reset Hordes, Ambush Camps, and Infestation Zones
The option to reset Hordes, Ambush Camps, and Infestation Zones is live!
- Players can now fully reset all open world Hordes, Infestation Zones, and Ambush Camps
- The jobs can be reset as many times as the player wants
There are a few conditions that need to be met for you to utilize this feature
- Complete the story mission “For an Outlaw Biker”
- Have any of the Storylines for “Horde Killer”, “Ambush Camp Killer”, and “Infestation Exterminator” at 100% complete
- Players can only reset jobs if they have completed the appropriate Storyline at 100%
How to Reset your Hordes, Ambush Camps, and Infestation Zones
- Ensure that you met all the conditions above
- Load your saved game
- Hit “Options”
- Select “Reset Jobs”
- Select the jobs you wish to reset!
- Note that you can reset your jobs as many times as you would like
Death Stranding Bike Tanks and More!
To celebrate the launch of Death Stranding on Friday, we released exclusive bike decals in Days Gone! Take to the broken road and show off your excitement for Death Stranding today.
Please note that you can unlock the Death Stranding tanks in both New Game+ and when starting a New Game
- Death Stranding Tank
- Death Stranding: BB Tank
- Both tanks can be acquired ONLY from the Diamond Lake Mechanic
- Death Standing Decal
- Death Standing: BB Decal
- Decals can be acquired from any valid mechanic
- Death Standing: BB Base
- This frame paint can be applied on from any valid mechanic
Black Friday Changes
- We increased the amount of Freaker ears it cost to repurchase weapons/ammo
- Due to a scoring error that occurred, we have done a one-time reset ONLY for the “Black Friday” leaderboard. We don’t expect to reset these or any leaderboards in the future
- This reset is planned to go live on 11/8/2019 @ 8:00am PT
A reminder that all the DLC challenges we released are planned to stay unlocked indefinitely.
- General improvements to stability and optimization has been added
- Various Crash Fixes
- General audio adjustments
- The ammo counter should now display as intended in certain challenges
- The UI should remain shown(?) as intended during bike chases
- Infestation nests should repopulate properly if the player is killed
- The weapon stats at the merchant should show the correct stats for each weapon
- In New Game+, the skill “Up The Ante” will now provide more ammo capacity for 6MM on the BND-150
- The challenge “Reloaded” score has been adjusted
- Certain trophy progress should transfer over correctly when starting New Game+
- A specific character has finished their work at Cloverdale Research Facility and has made her way to Iron Mike’s
Known issues with Patch 1.6
- The light that highlights the Surprise Box is not showing properly
UI High Contrast Color Mode
In our push for accessibility, we’ve added UI COLOR MODE to help visibility and contrast in certain HUD elements in Days Gone. When enabling HIGH CONTRAST, certain key HUD elements on screen will swap color palettes to become easier to see and more visible during the game.
New Linear Option for Aiming
Some of you have requested a linear input curve for Aiming, and we heard you. This will make camera movement more one-to-one with the Right Stick input, instead of using more of the input range for smaller aiming adjustments. You will find this setting in Options->Gameplay->Dead Zone Sensitivity->Linear.
Our team will continue to identify and resolve major bugs if needed in future patches.
Be sure to post your high score to this thread and on social media with the hash tag “#DaysGone”!