Dropping on December 3, 2019, is a brand-new Apex Legends update across PS4, PC, and Xbox One. Skip to the end of this guide to read through the complete list of Apex Legends 1.24 update patch notes. Stick with us a little longer, however, to get the lowdown of the update thanks to the version 1.24 update highlights below. Read on to discover everything that is being added, changed, and fixed right here, which includes new Gun Charms, Player Lever progression changes, and more.
Apex Legends 1.24 Update Highlights
As stated above, Apex Legends is being updated to version 1.24 on December 3, 2019. Currently, there isn’t an available list of traditional complete patch notes (we’ll update this guide if they go live). We do know, however, a good amount of detail regarding what is being added and changed in Apex Legends on December 3.
Player Level Progression Changes
One of the major changes incoming for Apex Legends is to Player Levels. On December 3, a new Player Level cap is being introduced. You will be able to reach Level 500, rather than the previous Level 100. To help speed the process up a little, too, the XP requirements to reach level 100 will be reduced by around 5%.
If you do manage to reach Level 500, you will earn 199 Apex Packs. Following the update, too, these Apex Pack rewards will be retroactively added to your account. Find out more about the new reward system in our dedicated guide on the subject.
New Gun Charms
Alongside the updates to player progression, the 1.24 patch will bring with it 36 new Gun Charms. These new Gun Charms can be earned through Apex Packs, but count as Epic and Legendary items. Gun Charms will be rotated through the Shop following the update, too.
Apex Legends 1.24 Update Patch Notes (December 3)
Read through the complete list of Apex Legends 1.24 update patch notes below, courtesy of Respawn Entertainment and EA:
Player Level Cap Increase & an Additional 154 Apex Pack Rewards
- The Player Level cap has been increased from 100 to 500. Players can now earn a total of 199 Apex Packs related to Player Level rewards at the following cadence:
- Level 2 – 20: One pack every level (19 Apex Packs total)
- Level 22 – 300: One pack every two levels (140 Apex Packs total)
- Level 305 – 500: One pack every five levels (40 Apex Packs total)
- You will continue to earn 600 Legend Tokens per level and per 18,000 XP at level 500
- The net impact of this change is that players will now earn 59 Apex Packs from level 1 – 100 (up from 45 Apex Packs prior to this change). All players will be retroactively awarded any Apex Packs they should have received under this new system. For example, players who are currently level 100 will receive 14 Apex Packs when this system goes live.
- Players will now earn a new badge every 10 levels from 110 – 500.
- Players will also receive a Player Level Gun Charm inspired by the above badges at levels 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500.
Player Level XP Reductions
- Under the old system, there was a large increase in XP required at level 26. Under the new system, we’ve reduced the rate at which XP required to level up increases from levels 20 to 58. The net impact of this change is that the XP curve should be softer for new players, meaning they will get more rewards, faster through level 58. Additionally, the total XP required to hit level 100 will be reduced by approximately 5%. Because XP requirements are being reduced, players between levels 20 and 99 may find they are a level higher after this change goes live, if they were close to leveling up. These XP changes will have no effect on players already at level 100.
- The maximum XP required per level will remain at 18,000 starting at level 58 (26 in the old system) and will remain constant through level 500.
- We’re introducing 36 new Gun Charms to Apex Packs. They will be available in Epic and Legendary tiers. Additionally, Gun Charms will now rotate through the Shop.