A brand-new update is available to download and install right now for Gran Turismo Sport. Race to the end of this guide to read through the complete list of Gran Turismo Sport 1.50 update patch notes. We’ll run you through what the version 1.50 update brings in our selection of highlights immediately below this, too. Read on to discover more about the Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge DLC, new cars, and improvements and changes made in this update.
Gran Turismo Sport 1.50 Update Highlights
For a game that has been out for a good while now, this Gran Turismo Sport update is rather major. It brings with it the Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge DLC, a bunch of free new cars, new rounds in Campaign Mode to race through, and a bunch of improvements and gameplay changes.
Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge DLC
If you’re after a slice of Lewis Hamilton in your Gran Turismo Sport experience, this DLC is definitely for you. It costs $7.99 but brings with it a total of ten challenges to race through. In the DLC, you’ll be driving the Mercedes-AMG-GT3 and the Sauber Mercedes C9. You’ll be able to replay each challenge as many times as you like and check out Lewis Hamilton’s ghost car to see what lines the F1 champ takes.
On top of this, Lewis Hamilton himself will talk you through a number of tracks, giving his advice on how to succeed. Take on Lewis Hamilton’s times and those of other players around the world to earn Credits, with you being able to increase the 20 million Credit cap to 100 million Credits. You’ll also be rewarded with new cars for completing the challenges, including one designed by Hamilton’s own Project 44 team.
Five new cars have been added into the game as part of the free side of this update. These are as follows:
- BMW M3 Coupe ’03 (N300)
- Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Coupe 20 (Gr.X)
- RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 (N400)
- RUF CTR3 ’07 (N700)
- Toyota 86 GT “Limited” ’16 (N200)
On top of the DLC and new cars, you’ll also find new Campaign Mode rounds and a few improvements and changes. Read about it all in the patch notes below.
Gran Turismo Sport 1.50 Update Patch Notes
Read through the complete list of Gran Turismo Sport 1.50 update patch notes below, courtesy of Polyphony Digital:
Main Features Implemented
- The following five cars have been added
- BMW M3 Coupé ’03
- Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Coupé
- RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
- RUF CTR3 ’07
- TOYOTA 86 GT “Limited” ’16
2. Campaign Mode
- The ‘Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge’ mode has been added
- The following events have been added to the “GT League”:
- ‘The Passion of Dr. Wankel’ Rounds 4 and 5
- ‘Boxer Spirit’ Rounds 6 and 7
- ‘Vision Gran Turismo Trophy +’ Rounds 6 and 7
- ‘X2019 Competition Endurance Series’ Round 4
- ‘Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps’ has been added to the Circuit Experience.
3. Brand Central
- ‘RE Amemiya’ has been added to the Asia-Pacific section
- ‘RUF’ has been added to the European section
Other Improvements and Adjustments
- The regenerative braking control of the ‘Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo’ has been adjusted
- The deadzone for the throttle and brake pedals while driving using a Fanatec® steering wheel controller has been increased
- The force feedback caused by understeering while driving using a Fanatec® steering wheel controller has been adjusted
- Various other issues have been addressed.
Images credit: Polyphony Digital and Sony