The release of the Synthesis update is still fresh in many gamers’ minds, adding a significant array of features and changes to the game, including the new ship salvaging mechanics and enhancements to terrain editing. However, Hello Games clearly isn’t resting on its laurels and just a few days later is releasing the No Man’s Sky 2.22 update, first on PC and soon on console.
No Man’s Sky 2.22 Update Patch Notes | Highlights
The No Man’s Sky 2.22 update is all about fixes for various bugs and stability issues. As it was to be expected, there is no new content whatsoever within this patch, released a couple of days after the massive Synthesis update. These fixes were released first on Steam experimental and are now live on PC.
At least one of these bugs has the potential to be fondly remembered by many, but it is going away for good. You could acquire planetary charts for free, but this error was reported by No Man’s Sky players, and it was duly taken care of. It was good while it lasted though. There was another issue where you could purchase ships at the wrong price under certain conditions, probably a bug homage to the Black Friday craze.
More worryingly, there was an issue preventing PS4 players from joining multiplayer groups that were formed in-game. Exploring those grandiose galaxies by yourself isn’t quite as impactful as it is when you travel with a bunch of friends, as you’re surely aware of. Consoles also suffered from a rare multiplayer crash, which Hello Games has taken care of.
When you started a new game, there was a small chance that you could see your ships floating above the ground. This was corrected, along with a few visual issues that surfaced when you used the Personal Refiner in first-person view.
As players continue to submit feedback via Zendesk or console crash reporting, Hello Games is going to release further No Man’s Sky updates. Read the full No Man’s Sky 2.22 update patch notes below.
No Man’s Sky 2.22 Update | Full Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where some HUD markers could stop working after warping.
- Fixed an issue where planetary charts could be acquired for free.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from being able to get out of the Terrain Manipulator Create Mode.
- Fixed a number of visual issues with the Personal Refiner in first person.
- Fixed an issue that could cause ships to float above the ground when starting a new game.
- Fixed an issue that could remove discoveries from the savegame when joining players in other galaxies.
- Fixed an issue that caused ships to be the wrong price when purchased after ignoring the cargo transfer warning.
- Fixed an issue that caused black holes to always send player to the Euclid galaxy.
- Fixed a rare freighter-related crash.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from joining multiplayer groups on PS4 which had been formed in game.
- Fixed an issue which caused the HUD to scale incorrectly on XBox One X when running in high performance mode.
- Fixed a console only softlock when interacting with some NPCs.
- Fixed a console only issue which prevented Multi-tool inventories from saving.
- Fixed a rare multiplayer crash on consoles.
- Fixed a console only issue where some compass markers could stop working after warping.