Pokemon Go fans are in for a special treat this holiday season. New events and new creatures are appearing in-game, including the debut of both Cryogonal and Cubchoo. These two seasonally appropriate ice-type creatures join the festivities alongside special Holiday costumes, new Shadow Pokemon, and more. Keep reading to learn everything featured in the Pokemon Go December 2019 Holiday events.
Cryogonal and Cubchoo | Pokemon Go December Events 2019
Perhaps the most exciting part of the December 2019 Pokemon Go Holiday events is the debut of both Cubchoo and Cryogonal. Cubchoo is a Gen 5 creature that may be familiar to fans of the anime series, notably for its dripping nose and striking puppy-dog eyes. Cubchoo will be appearing in the wild during the Holiday 2019 events which begin on December 24.
On the other hand is Cryogonal, a Crystallizing Pokemon that looks almost like a mutated snowflake. This Gen 5 creature has also appeared in the anime series, and will have a chance of appearing in Pokemon Go by throwing a Glacial Lure Module onto nearby PokeStops.
Pokemon Go | All December and Holiday 2019 Events
Here’s a look at everything landing in Pokemon Go as part of the December and Holiday 2019 events. This information has been sorted by start date for your convenience.
Pokemon Go December 2019
December 17, 2019 through January 7, 2020
- Virizion will make its debut in five-star raids
- Lugia and Ho-Oh Special Raid Weekend
- Lugia and Ho-Oh return for a Special Raid Weekend! Both the Psychic- and Flying-type Lugia and the Fire- and Flying-type Ho-Oh will be available in Raid Battles!
Pokemon Go Holidays 2019
December 24, 2019 through January 1, 2020
- Pokémon in holiday costumes: Pikachu, Raichu, and Pichu wearing beanies and Stantler wearing bells will appear in Pokémon GO for the first time!
- Pokémon appearing in the wild: Delightful Ice-type Pokémon will be appearing in the wild, such as Sneasel, Delibird, Snorunt, and more! Making its Pokémon GO debut will be Cubchoo, the Chill Pokémon!
- Pokémon appearing in Eggs: Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Vulpix, Pichu wearing beanies, and Stantler wearing bells will be hatching from 7 km Eggs!
- Pokémon appearing in Raid Battles: Raichu wearing beanies and Stantler wearing bells will be available to challenge in two-star raids!
- Pokémon attracted by Glacial Lure Modules: Throw a Glacial Lure Module onto a PokéStop near you, and you’ll have a chance of encountering Cryogonal, the Crystallizing Pokémon, making its Pokémon GO debut!
- Event-exclusive Field Research: Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that will reward you with the chance to encounter Pokémon like Pikachu wearing beanies!
- Save Shadow Pokémon! We have reason to believe that Team GO Rocket has turned more Pokémon, including Delibird, into Shadow Pokémon! There might be other Shadow Pokémon to discover in places high and low, so get out there and save them!
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Stantler wearing bells and Shiny Snover!
- Winter-themed avatar items coming to the shop! You can look forward to a Stantler Sweater and a Stantler Headband as well as a Beanie Hat to match the one some Pikachu are wearing for this event!
Take note, Trainers! Some bonuses will change throughout the event duration.
- From Tuesday, December 24, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, January 1, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. in your local time zone
- Open twice as many Gifts each day: For the duration of the event, the number of Gifts you can open daily will increase to 40.
- Carry twice as many Gifts: For the duration of the event, the number of Gifts you can carry in your inventory will increase to 20.
- One guaranteed single-use Incubator per day: In order to more easily hatch Eggs during the holiday season, Trainers will receive one single-use Incubator at no cost once per day during the event by spinning a Photo Disc on a PokéStop.
- From Tuesday, December 24, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, December 25, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. in your local time zone
- 2× Catch Candy
- 2× Transfer Candy
- From Thursday, December 26, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. to Friday, December 27, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. in your local time zone
- 2× Catch Stardust
- From Saturday, December 28, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 29, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. in your local time zone
- 2× Catch XP
- From Monday, December 30, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, January 1, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. in your local time zone
- 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed into Incubators during this time period
Special Winter Weekend Event
Saturday, December 28, 2019, from 11 a.m. through 7 p.m.
- Two-hour Glacial Lure Module duration: Glacial Lure Modules will last two hours for the duration of the event. Pokémon such as Lapras, Delibird, Cubchoo, and more will be drawn to Glacial Lure Modules during this time!
- Glaceon with Last Resort: Use a Glacial Lure Module to evolve Eevee during the event, and you’ll get a Glaceon that knows the Charged Attack Last Resort.
- Regice returns to raids! Did you miss out on catching a Regice the last time it was available in raids? This is your chance to catch the Iceberg Pokémon!
- Two additional Raid Passes: Receive up to two additional Raid Passes during the special event time period when you spin a Photo Disc at a Gym. These Raid Passes will not be available after the event period is over. You cannot hold more than one Raid Pass at once.