The Fortnite 11.40 update patch notes (2.52) have been shared by developer Epic Games. Now that the holiday period is over, a new Fortnite patch is finally rolling out across PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iPhone, and Android. As for what the new patch will contain, read on for the latest information.
Fortnite 11.40 Update Patch Notes (2.52)
- Introducing Sidegrading: the Heavy Assault Rifle returns.
- In non-competitive playlists, you can now use Upgrade Machines to “Sidegrade” your Assault Rifle into a Heavy Assault Rifle.
- Reduced material costs for upgrading weapons at Upgrade Machines.
- Added the following items to Battle Lab:
- Flint-Knock Pistol (Common and Uncommon)
- Shockwave Grenade
- Impulse Grenade
- The iPad Pro (2018 release) now supports 120 FPS.
- Clickable thumbstick buttons (L3 and R3) are now usable on supported iOS controllers.
- Players’ Star Wars Achievements have returned to the Legacy timeline.
- Resolved an issue involving the “F” key not enabling proper movement after direction was remapped to it.
- Resolved an issue involving editing quickly causing players to remain in Edit mode.
- Falling into a Hideout no longer causes the Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle’s crosshairs to disappear.
- Resolved an issue involving the “Visit different bus stops in a single match” Remedy vs. Toxin Challenge not tracking progress for some bus stops.
- The Spectrum Contrail again changes colors while in motion.
- Continued to make improvements regarding FPS drops and hitching on mobile devices.
- Resolved an issue involving mobile players getting stuck in a loop on the Select Fire Mode screen.
- Resolved an issue involving console players being unable to progress through the gifting process if they did not have Two-Factor Authentication enabled.
Here is a list of the known issues addressed by Fortnite update 11.40 (2.52):
- Visual issues with certain cosmetics
- Unable to go through gifting process.
- Overtime Challenge “Visit different bus stops” not tracking for all bus stops.
- Star Wars Legacy entries disappeared.
- “F” key not enabling proper movement after direction remap.
- Editing quickly can cause players to remain in Edit mode.
- Sniper Rifle crosshairs may disappear when players fall into a Hideout.
- Featured Island portals aren’t working correctly
- Bandage Bazooka doesn’t respect infinite ammo and reload settings
Save the World
- Goin’ Commando Hero Perks not applying
- Occasional Difficulty Upgrading Schematic Perks with Controller
- Beehives can sometimes cause semi-permanent damage
- Mythic Melee’s hitching with Shadowstance.
- Riot Control Baton Animations
- FPS drops and hitching on Mobile.
- Mobile players may get stuck in Fire Mode selection.
More Fortnite Guides
Check out our list of Fortnite guides below: