The team at Valve has revealed the latest CS:GO patch notes for January 13, 2020. The newest changes landing in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive are mainly centered around Studio, one of the more recent maps added to the game. The latest patch also addresses a few smaller issues, including a problem with the Operation Shattered Web UI element, and also throws in an all-new search bar.
CS:GO Patch Notes | January 13, 2020 Update
The bulk of the changes mentioned in the latest Counter-Strike: Global Offensive patch notes are focused on new map Studio. Users who like to play the map in casual will note a number of different changes, while Workshop-focused users will instead see the latest version appear in general matchmaking. These changes include an overhaul for the map’s middle portion, narrower corridors, and the removal of the alley near T spawn, among other tweaks.
The January 13 patch also includes a few bug fixes. The issue that prevented the Shattered Web UI from displaying on the main menu has been fixed, as was another UI bug that appeared after using Bonus Rank XP items. This update also adds in an all-new search bar that can be used to find coupon items, which will certainly appeal to players who make frequent use of the community market. Finally, players will no longer be spooked by out-of-place voiceovers when playing Guardian, as Valve has fixed the bug that signaled the start of a new round before all enemy forces had been eliminated.
Here are the full CS:GO patch notes for January 13, 2020, as provided by the developers at Valve.
- Fixed Operation Shattered Web sometimes not appearing on main menu player profiles.
- Added an experimental search bar allowing users to find and purchase any specific coupon item in game.
- Guardian encouragement voice radio lines will no longer play when there are enemies still alive.
- Fixed a regression with Storage Units in Perfect World version of the game.
- Fixed a UI bug when activating some Bonus Rank XP items.
- Studio has been updated with the latest changes from Steam Workshop:
- Middle has had a complete re-design.
- CT / T streets have been reduced in size.
- CT Spawn have been reduced in size.
- B Upper have been reduced in size.
- T Spawn alley has been removed.
- B connectors to middle have been updated.
- 3D Skybox has been updated.
- T spawn geometry has received minor update.
- B Site catwalk has been widened and updated for smoother gameplay when dropping into site.
- B site cover has been changed to give player better colour callouts.
- Updated soundscapes.
- Removed the ability to throw weapons into unintended areas / out of map.
- Fixed many community bug reports.
- Improved clipping across the map.