The Fortnite 2.55 update patch notes (11.50) have now been shared by developer Epic Games. In addition to these brief details, dedicated dataminers have discovered a number of changes implemented by the new update today (February 5). The new Fortnite patch is finally rolling out across PC, PS4, Xbox One, Android, iPhone, and Nintendo Switch. As for what the new patch contains, read on for the latest information.
Fortnite 2.55 Update Patch Notes (11.50) | Highlights
New Love and War limited time mode
Though details haven’t yet been revealed, dataminers have found information about the upcoming “Love and War” limited time mode. This LTM comes with its own set of challenges for players to complete. Developer Epic Games has teased the upcoming event, telling users to “check back [on the site] later for more details.” Be sure to set some time aside to try out the new mode later today.
New Chaos physics system
Though it isn’t yet clear just how big of an impact this new “Chaos” physics system will make on the game, it’s still a significant change implemented in the Fortnite 11.50 update. Epic Games has said that the current goal is to make the game “still feel like what you would expect.” The new physics system is designed to go unnoticed, so it’s a good thing if you don’t notice any changes!
Fortnite 2.55 Update Patch Notes (11.50) | Full List
- v11.50 brings a new event and more to Battle Royale! The changes in this update include:
- The new event starts soon! Check back here later today for more details.
- In non-competitive playlists, the Launch Pad has been unvaulted.
- Implemented Unreal Engine’s Chaos physics system.
- At launch, our goal is to ensure that Fortnite still feels like what you would expect. We’ll be closely monitoring your feedback from the in-game Feedback tool for any issues you may be experiencing.
- To report issues via the in-game Feedback tool, select Feedback in the main menu and choose Bug. We encourage you to put “Physics” in the subject line and include a concise message in the body that accurately describes the issue(s) you’re experiencing.
- Resolved an issue involving some players’ completion of the “Search chests in a single match” Chaos Rising Challenge not being saved.
- The “Earn Gold Scavenger Medals” Rippley vs. Sludge Overtime Challenge now tracks progress properly.
- The Sidegrading feature is no longer present in competitive playlists. Its presence in these playlists was unintentional, as noted in our v11.40 post.
- Resolved an issue involving new players on consoles having difficulty matchmaking after first linking their Epic account.
- Addressed reports of iOS players activating their device’s swipe-up feature when trying to press inventory buttons.
More Fortnite Guides
Check out our list of Fortnite guides below: