The FFXIV 5.2 Update patch notes are here! This newest addition to Final Fantasy XIV will be deploying soon, and it will be bringing a bunch of new stuff for players to enjoy including an overhaul to the game’s crafting and gathering systems!
FFXIV 5.2 Update patch notes | Patch Highlights
One of the first major highlights in the FFXIV 5.2 Update patch notes is the Main Scenario Quest “Echoes of a Fallen Star”. The Scions are waiting for the Exarch to return them home and are trying to keep themselves occupied in the meantime. And… that’s about all we know about this quest, because Square Enix is keeping its cards held very close to their chest on this one.
A new Raid Dungeon called “Eden’s Verse” is making its debut. The gargantuan sin eater “Eden” is now under the control of Ryne as she tries to restore the Empty. Joined by Urianger, Thancred, and the Warrior of Darkness, you’ll have to unravel the mystery surrounding this mysterious foe.
Also arriving in the FFXIV 5.2 Update patch notes is the “Anamnesis Anyder” dungeon. Set deep in the Tempest, this is the remnants of one of Anyder’s ancient creations. There is surely some forgotten knowledge to uncover here!
One of the other major highlights is a massive battle looming on the horizon. The Garlean Empire and the Eorzean forces have been beating the crap out of each other, and the Garleans think they might have an edge with a brand-new toy. A massive warmachine is all set to be deployed and wreak havoc on their enemies!
Other things are arriving in this patch as well, but Square Enix is being pretty vague about them. For example, we know that there will be ocean fishing and an overhal to the game’s crafting and gathering sysems, but unfortunately, they don’t go into very much detail. We’re sure to find out more as the patch gets closer to its February 18th release date; read on for the full FFXIV 5.2 Update patch notes!
FFXIV 5.2 Update patch notes | Full List
Fate beckons. The bold answer.
PATCH 5.2 — Main Scenario Quests
Echoes of a Fallen Star
With Eulmore on the path to a brighter tomorrow, the Scions await such time as the Exarch might return them home. Not in idleness, however—for when has any world been content to grant its heroes respite?
PATCH 5.2 — Raid Dungeon
Having taken control of the gargantuan sin eater known as Eden, Ryne continues her quest to restore the dormant elements of the Empty, with Urianger, Thancred, and the Warrior of Darkness by her side every step of the way─yet the awakening of an enigmatic young woman may put the mission in jeopardy. Will this erstwhile foe continue to pose a threat, or is there more to her heart than darkness?
PATCH 5.2 — New Dungeon
Deep in the Tempest─deeper still than the phantom Amaurot of Emet-Selch’s design─lies what remains of Anyder’s ancient edifices. What slumbers forgotten in this bed of knowledge, even the Ondo know not…
PATCH 5.2 — Chronicles of a New Era
The Sorrow of Werlyt
The Garlean Empire seeks to break the stalemate with Eorzean forces by unleashing the culmination of its twisted experimentation─a brutal warmachina that exists only to destroy. On both sides of the battlefield, shadows of the past loom large as the decisive clash draws ever closer.
New to Patch 5.2
- Main Scenario Quests
- Eden’s Verse Raids
- Chronicles of a New Era – The Sorrow of Werlyt
- New Dungeon – Anamnesis Anyder
- Trial – Cinder Drift
- Beast Tribe Quests – Qitari
- Resistance Weapon Quests
- Ishgardian Restoration Updates
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul
- Ocean Fishing
- New Game+ Updates
- and more!
Additionally, a press release has the following highlights for this patch:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The acclaimed narrative of Shadowbringers continues, as the Warrior of Darkness and the Scions of the Seventh Dawn await such time when the Crystal Exarch might return them home.
- New Raid: Eden’s Verse – The second chapter in the Eden raid series will feature challenging new battles in both normal and savage difficulties. Eden’s Verse introduces the character of Gaia, created by famed FINAL FANTASY developer Tetsuya Nomura.
- New Dungeon: Anamnesis Anyder – Tackle this new challenge alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- New Trial: Cinder Drift – The Ruby Weapon represents the latest advances in Garlean military technology, and can be challenged by players in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Qitari will provide new quests geared towards Disciples of the Land classes.
- New Chronicles of a New Era Quest “The Sorrow of Werlyt” – Discover the lore behind the new Weapon series, as the Garlean Empire seeks to break the stalemate with Eorzean forces by unleashing this culmination of its twisted experimentation.
- Ocean Fishing – This Fisher-exclusive content will allow players to board a ship at specified times to enjoy fishing on the high seas, receiving experience and scrips based off the fish caught. Meeting certain conditions while aboard will grant all passengers the chance of a big haul!
- Ishgardian Restoration Update (Patch 5.21) – The next update in this content for Disciples of the Hand and Land will feature gatherer-specific content in the Diadem, high-level crafting challenges, a new ranking system and more.
- New “Resistance Weapon” Equipment Enhancement Quest Series “Save the Queen: Blades of Gunnhildr” (Patch 5.25) – This new quest series will feature regular updates from Patch 5.2 onward, allowing players to obtain powerful equipment as they learn more about the Hrothgar homeland, the Bozja Citadel.
- In-Game Adjustments – Players can expect to see several tweaks to Jobs, PvP Actions and New Game+ alongside several Crafter and Gatherer updates.
- New Mounts, Minions, Hairystyle, Emote, Crafting Recipes, and more.