While it’s not as big as the last major update, you’ll want to get the No Man’s Sky 2.32 update downloaded and installed as soon as you can. Skip to the end of this guide to read through the complete list of No Man’s Sky 2.32 update patch notes to discover all of the fixes and improvements coming to the game. Below, we’ll run you through a number of the No Man’s Sky version 2.32 update highlights, too.
No Man’s Sky 2.32 Update Highlights
Nothing new is being added to No Man’s Sky with the 2.32 update. What it does bring, however, is a load of bug fixes and a couple of improvements. Downloading and installing the 2.32 update should improve the experience. For now, however, the 2.32 update is available only on PC (an Experimental Branch update at the time of writing). The fixes in the update will be releasing on all No Man’s Sky friendly platforms in the near future, according to Sean Murray.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
While all of these bug fixes and improvements are stuck in PC Experimental for now, they should all be coming to all versions of the game soon. Things can change, however, and we will update this guide if necessary. We hope all the fixes do come to console, though, as there are some good ones here.
For example, you should no longer use more warp fuel when playing in VR. The HUD elements should no longer appear incorrectly during warp, either. It’s not all warp related, too. The new Living Ships, for instance, have been updated. Living Ships components shouldn’t take quite as long to mature following the update, meaning it should no longer take over 24 hours to do so. Check out the full list of patch notes below to discover everything that is being fixed and improved.
No Man’s Sky 2.32 Update Patch Notes
Read through the complete list of No Man’s Sky 2.32 update patch notes below, courtesy of Hello Games:
Fixes & Improvements
- Slightly reduced the time taken for Living Ship components to mature, so that they do not exceed 24 hours.
- Implemented a recovery fix for players whose Starbirth missions failed to locate an appropriate planet or building at the coordinates steps.
- Fixed an issue which duplicated the default filter in photo mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused pinned instructions involving Atlas Stones to suggest that Atlas Stones could be collected from factories.
- Fixed an issue which affected the portable refiner when picking it up with one too few inventory slots available.
- Fixed an issue that caused too much warp fuel to be consumed when warping in VR.
- Fixed an issue that caused HUD elements to be incorrectly displayed during warp.
- Fixed an issue that caused ships to judder and disappear when landing in multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to miss the landing pads when landing at an outpost.
- Expedition holograms now turn green when the expedition is complete.
- Fixed an issue that caused ‘Hostile Ships Defeated’ audio to play when combat frigates arrive to assist in a fight.
- Fixed a rare crash when collecting cargo from a frigate.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when streaming in the Space Anomaly.
- Added the ability to use nanites to evolve upgrades that have been installed inside Living Ships.
- Fixed a small visual glitch that could occur when exiting mission dialogue interactions.
- Fixed an issue that allowed re-interaction with a living ship that was flying away.
- Fixed an issue that caused stats to be named incorrectly in the descriptions of upgrade modules.
- Prevented the Starbirth mission from starting in the middle of a multiplayer Nexus mission.
- Fixed a number of minor visual issues with the Living Ship cockpits.
- Fixed a visual issue with the contrails from the Living Ship.
- Fixed an issue that caused shuttle-class starships to change appearance.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when handing in a Nexus mission.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when pinning directions for Frost Crystals.
- Fixed a number of small mission flow problems in the directions for various substances.
- Fixed an issue that allowed two living ships to spawn at the same location.
- Fixed an issue that could cause portal warps to fail, resulting in players being returned to their previous system or pushed under the terrain.