The Battlefield 5 6.2 update patch notes are here and they’re bringing some pretty big changes to the game. Central to this new update is changes to the Battlefield 5 time-to-kill, finally answering a complaint that many players have had over the last several months. Let’s dive into the Battlefield 5 6.2 update patch notes!
Battlefield 5 6.2 Update Patch Notes | Patch Highlights
The biggest change coming in the Battlefield 5 6.2 update patch notes is undoubtedly the changes to time-to-kill. The base damage ranges are returning on most of the game’s weapons, reverting to the stats that existed in Patch 5.0. Recoil and accuracy values are also being brought much closer to those in Patch 5.0. Effectively, this means that a lot of the more recent weapon changes (seen as a major downside by some players) are being reverted.
That’s not all, though — the Battlefield 5 6.2 update patch notes are also bringing some improvements to guns, too! Assault rifles and LMGs are going to hit harder at range compared to SMGs with a similar rate of fire.
The Battlefield 5 6.2 update patch notes also has some good news for bolt-action rifle fans. Muzzle velocity for bolt-action rifles is going up across the board. Previously, these guns were outperformed by other weapons in the game which doesn’t really make sense for a class of firearm that’s primarily used by snipers and marksmen. Bolt-action rifles are now once again the kings of long-range combat, just as they should be. Sniper Rifles, too, are also getting their muzzle velocity adjustments restored from an earlier patch.
Heck, even gadgets and some of the really big weapons are getting boosts. The Bazooka is going to be doing slightly less damage (especially at shallow angles) while the Panzerfaust is getting a buff. However, the Bazooka can now kill enemy airplanes with one hit as noted in the Battlefield 5 6.2 update patch notes.
These are far from the only changes to the game; these new additions are genuinely game-changing! Read on for the full Battlefield 5 6.2 update patch notes!
Battlefield 5 6.2 Update Patch Notes | Full List
- New Weapon Balancing ensuring a higher damage output, and improved damage dropoff
- Tank Customisation
- Tweaked the damage values of the Bazooka and Panzerfaust. The Bazooka now does slightly less damage, especially for poor angle hits, reflecting its role as a long range sniper weapon. The Panzerfaust now does slightly more damage, especially at poor angles, returning it to the solid all around reliable antitank weapon.
- The Bazooka now one hit kills enemy airplanes.
- The Lunge mine now deals the correct amount of damage and is more consistent.
- The Lunge mine no longer causes an unexpected second explosion after it has been selected if the player had previously used it.
- The Lunge Mine now properly destroys stationary weapons.
- Improved the Panzerfaust third person reload animation while in a Dinghy boat.
- When equipped with some upgrades the 2x scope on the M2 Carbine did not zoom in properly. This has now been fixed.
- Flamethrowers can no longer be fired when the reload animation plays, if the player also uses a pouch at the same time.
- Emblems no longer clip when applied to the M2 Carbine.
- Anti-Tank grenade throwback functionality has been fixed.
- Ensured that the ammo belt disappears correctly when using the drum mag on the MG34.
- Reduced wind impact on smoke emitted by smoke grenades and other smoke screens.
- Gadgets no longer float in the air when switched in the game world.
- Fixed an issue with the bolt action animation for the BOYS AT Rifle.
- Fixed a LOD issue with M1918A2 on it’s bipod leg.
- Fixed an issue where certain smoke effects would not be properly blocking enemy spotted icons (smoke barrage for instance).
- Fixed an issue with the KI-147 and V1 rocket sometimes not having any engine sound.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes allow the spotting scope to spot enemies behind walls.
- Fixed an issue that would cause an unintended soldier scream to play throughout the explosion when using the Lunge Mine.
- Fixed an issue that would cause reloads not to count if the player healed during the reload animation.
- Fixed the spotting scope’s glint not being aligned with the scope itself.
- Corrected the ammo crate to have a pickup glint effect when being held in the player’s hands.
- Corrected the Bazooka’s in world pickup model to be the bazooka, and not another rocket launcher.
- The Universal carrier can no longer be disabled, as it has no self repair functionality which used to make it a frustrating transport vehicle.
- The towable stationary 40MM AA no longer explodes when hitched to the Churchill tanks.
- The Sherman tank no longer gets the decals of the other team, should it get stolen by the enemy team.
- The Corsair F4U-1C back wheel no longer clips into the tail rudder when it retracts after take-off.
- The Dinghy boat seat UI now matches the physical location of the players in the boat when seated.
- Improved syncing of tank turrets aiming position between zoomed and none zoomed mode, which could previously be inconsistent if players late joined a server.
- The Archer’s “rear” engine compartment has been upgraded with more armor. While still easy to critically hit like the rear, it will take less damage from a critical hit.
- Increased drag on the HE shells for tanks to reduce long range tank sniping vs infantry. AT dedicated shells, which have less blast, are not affected by this change.
- Increased the damage of AT mines slightly.
- Increased the ammo count of shotgun type rounds for tanks, except for AA tanks.
- Adjusted the Calliope Rockets to fire from a more central set of rocket tubes, in order to make more accurate shots. Decreased the time between the 4 round rocket barrage of the Calliope to make it more competitive with the Hachi’s 6 round burst.
- Improved the Kettenkrad handling to be a more fun vehicle to drive.
- Airplanes 3P bombsight gets less accurate at higher altitudes, pilots need to align the rings to bomb accurately from higher altitude.
- Fixed a bug that could cause visual bugs when players switched between seats in the LCVP.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the LCVP to sometimes rotate and spin out of control at a very high speed.
- Fixed the incorrect icon for the Sturmtiger with the smoke launcher.
- Fixed an issue that would cause spotted enemies to not appear from an airplane.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Transport vehicles on The Pacific to not drive backwards if the terrain was not flat.
- Fixed a bug with the transport vehicles on The Pacific which would sometimes cause visual issues.
- Fixed a bug with certain airplane propellers spinning slower than intended.
- Fixed an issue with airplanes not taking damage when hit by shell projectiles.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the gunner seat position to look broken after entering it.
- The death flow has been refactored, making it more robust and easier for us to debug should there be other issues. This solves multiple issues related to players getting stuck in a bleeding out state after getting killed.
- Improved Norman Kingleys downstate which could previously result in invisible torsos in first person view.
- Japanese soldier audio no longer requests a V1 instead of the KI-147.
- Fixed another bug that could cause ragdolls to “hang from their hips” With this fix, hopefully this bug should get even rarer than it already is.
- Fixed an exploit that would increase the height of the players camera.
- Fixed an issue affecting soldiers throwing a Kunai knife, which could result in the Katana sword floating in third person perspective.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the soldier to continuously play the throw pouch animation.
Maps and Modes
- Solomon Island – Removed the supply station that was inside the mountain.
- Solomon Island – Removed the invisible collision near the beach on Breakthrough.
- Solomon Island – Fixed an issue located inside the crashed plane, that could cause players to get stuck.
- Solomon Island – Fixed an exploit that would allow players to hide inside a mountain wall.
- Solomon Island – Removed a duplicate static track that was placed on top of another truck.
- Solomon Island – Fixed multiple issues that would allow players to reach unintended areas of the map.
- Solomon Island – Once the AT cannons have been destroyed, they have to be rebuilt. Previously they would incorrectly respawn.
- Solomon Island – Some water no longer squirts dirt effects when being fired upon.
- Solomon Island – Rain effects no longer go through the crashed airplane and military barracks.
- Solomon Island – Fixed a bug that would cause invisible fires to be spawned by destroyed US transport vehicles.
- Solomon Island – Various smaller clipping and other graphical issues.
- Solomon Island – Many improved spawns.
- Solomon Island – Improved water transparency from some angles.
- Solomon Island – Added missing rain particle effects.
- Solomon Island – Conquest – Improved the capture area on C flag.
- Iwo Jima – Various minor graphical improvements.
- Pacific Storm – Decreased the intensity of the sun, when looking out of certain bunkers.
- Wake Island – Breakthrough – Improved the locations of the AT turrets in Sector 2 to make them more useful.
- Wake Island – Breakthrough – Moved the AA turret in Sector 4.
- Wake Island – Fixed the debris to look better when players destroy the planes parked inside the hangar.
- Wake Island – Improved placement of vehicle resupply stations.
- Wake Island – Added a limit to the amount of active planes on the map at the same time, each team can now only have two active planes at the same time.
- Wake Island – We ask everyone to be careful around the large fuel tanks.
- Wake Island – Planes now get destroyed if they crash into the hangar.
- Wake Island – Fixed the floating sandbags.
- Aerodrome – Improved the smoke grenade effect in the hangar area, making it more difficult to see through it.
- Devastation – Fixed a few spots where players could get stuck.
- Fjell 652 – Squad Conquest – Moved around a few objects that could cause players to get stuck in the geometry.
- Hamada – Craters on the runway no longer hinders planes from taking off as they are now only visual and not physical alterations of the terrain.
- Hamada – The sandstorm has a smoother transition loop when it’s running at maximum effect.
- Marita – Fixed an exploit that could be used by players for an unfair advantage.
- Narvik – Frontlines – Fixed a floating supply station and improved the combat area a bit.
- Twisted Steel – Conquest – Removed the duplicate medical supply station and replaced it with an ammo station.
- Breakthrough – Fixed breakthrough retreat icons in vehicles.
- Outpost – Players that die near constructed towers could not be revived, this is now fixed.
- Spectator mode – Fixed 3P director camera not automatically moving back to its original position after colliding with objects.
- Spectator mode – Fixed a few cameras that were placed outside of the playable area by default.
- War stories – Fix for the missing throwing knife animation.
- War stories – Fix for the missing grenade throw animation.
- Firestorm – Fixed the missing propellers on the drop planes.
- Firestorm – Minimum player count for solo has been decreased from 8 to 2.
- Implemented a new audio prioritization system in order to reduce occurrences of important sounds being culled due to performance limitations. This results in more controlled and stable behavior for sounds such as vehicles, footsteps and weapons.
- Players can now join their friends that are playing on Community Servers through the social menu.
- Added slightly more weight to most close range weapon firing sounds, excluding smgs and pistols. The difference is most prominent in stereo.
- Added a new option in the audio menu to change the hit indicator sounds between current (default), original BFV release and off.
- Added a potential fix for players ending up in the wrong region when matchmaking. Please let us know if the situation has improved with this update.
- Added back the “Claim all” button in the armory that has vanished.
- The ammo and seat UI no longer overlap when players are in Pacific vehicles passenger seats, and when playing in 4K resolution.
- Improved the M2 Carbine icon to better represent the weapon visually.
- If in an airplane, Spotted enemies that are not in line of sight of the player (behind a wall etc…) will now show with a different icon in the world (an outline instead of a full diamond).
- Getting multiple headshot kills in a quick succession now stacks the headshot kill icons, instead of showing them one by one.
- The progression of the Selbstlader 1906 has been fixed.
- The game now automatically moves the selector to the previous vehicle that the player had selected in the vehicle deploy menu.
- Map icons for supply stations are now shown if players can build/repair them.
- The zoom settings for the mini-map are now saved between lives.
- Fixed a bug that would cause players to get stuck on the deploy screen that could trigger if they changed squads while still being alive.
- Fixed typos in the Sai description.
- Fixed the description of the MAB38 Mastery VI assignment.
Stability and Performance
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the Russian language.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if the player played the game for more than 5 hours in one go.
- Fixed a bug that was causing random black squares to show in the game world.