Hunting down a Call of Duty: Warzone lag fix isn’t how you want to spend your gaming time, but here you are, suffering from lagging around the massive map. It’s no doubt super frustrating for you. Thankfully, we’re here with a few tips to help you get that smoother experience that you’ve been craving. Here’s how to stop lagging in Call of Duty: Warzone.
How to fix the lag in Call of Duty: Warzone
Needless to say, lagging around in Call of Duty: Warzone is a great way to get yourself killed. It makes it difficult to move into cover, aim and shoot, and all of the other things that help to keep a player alive in a battle royale experience. Any kind of lag is going to make the game unplayable, as it’s rarely something that you can put up with.
To stop lagging in Call of Duty: Warzone, try the following:
- Ensure that you don’t have any downloads sucking up the bandwidth.
- This happens more often than not. If you have any downloads in the background, or you share a home with others that could be downloading something, check to make sure the connection isn’t being sucked up by something else.
- Change from a wireless connection to a wired connection.
- While it can be more convenient to use a wireless connection, especially when you’re really far away from your router, a wired connection is always going to be superior. It’s not just about faster speeds, as wired also provides a more consistent and stable connection.
- If you’re on PC, ensure you’ve updated your drivers.
- Nvidia has released a driver update that specifically targets Call of Duty: Warzone will optimizations. AMD is also expected to release a driver to help PCs run Warzone better. Get these updated ASAP!
If these tips don’t help, it’s possible that the issue isn’t on your end. With high demand for Call of Duty: Warzone, it’s likely that the game’s servers will be subject to intense pressure. This is especially true when the game is new, as well as open to all players through free-to-play.
We expect stability to improve over the coming weeks, as the player count decreases.