When you boot up Doom Eternal, you expect to face a horde of angry demons looking to take you down in brutal fashion, not a pesky error code. Unfortunately, the Doom Eternal “Unable to contact game services” error can pop up to spoil your fun. Thankfully, we’ve got some tips on how to fix the “Unable to contact game services” error.
How to fix the Doom Eternal “Unable to Contact Game Services” error
The Doom Eternal “Unable to contact game services” error appears when your connection to the network is compromised. It can either be on your end, with a poor or down connection disconnecting you from Bethesda, or it can be on the game’s end, especially during periods of maintenance.
If you see the below message pop up, there are a few steps you can take to fix it.
Unable to contact game services. Online rewards, XP, and other online progress will not be saved and online features will be unavailable until the game returns online.
Doom Eternal “Unable to contact game services” error fix
- First, make sure you are connected to the internet.
- While you can still enjoy Doom Eternal‘s single-player content offline, you will need to be online for XP and reward progress to track. Play offline and you will lose that.
- Install any required updates.
- The latest game updates need to be installed for online to work. Make sure you have downloaded the latest patch (this should happen automatically).
- Check Doom social media for any scheduled downtime.
- It’s possible that Doom Eternal‘s online services are down for scheduled maintenance. This is where the developers have to take servers offline to roll out fixes. We’d recommend keeping tabs on the official Doom Twitter account here.
More Doom Eternal Guides
Check out our list of Doom Eternal guides below: