Knowing how to dupe items in Animal Crossing: New Horizons is your first step towards getting unlimited money. The unlimited Bells glitch allows you to pay off any loans, buy any and all of the items you want, and generally customize your island to the fullest extent, without the need to grind incessantly for many in-game days. Of course, using glitches like this could be classed as cheating, so do consider that before attempting this trick. This is easily the fastest way to make money is to use the Animal Crossing: New Horizons infinite money glitch, so do note that this could ruin that slow-and-steady pace that the game encourages. Without further ado, let’s get on with the dupe items glitch guide!
How to dupe items in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- First, you’ll need to have two local players on your island.
- To do this, log into a second account on your Switch (you may need to make one) and boot up the game. Play until you get the NookPhone.
- With two players set up, go into either NookPhone and hit “Call Resident.”
- Call your other account to invite them onto the island. You’ll need two controllers, so we recommend detaching the Joy-Cons and using one for each player.
- Get a table, either from your home or inventory, or by crafting one.
- A simple wooden table will suffice, which is easily crafted with six pieces of wood.
- Put the table down and put an expensive item on top of it.
- We recommend the Nintendo Switch, as it is easily available from the start of the game.
- Now for the item dupe part: One character needs to rotate the table (A + Direction), while the other picks up the valuable item (Y).
- You’re going to want to hit the turn button and “Y” at the same time, to simultaneously turn the table while picking up the item.
- One copy of the item will go into the inventory, while the other will remain on the table.
- Keep hitting “Y” to pick up the item while turning the table, continuing the duplication glitch.
- If you mistime the button pushes, don’t worry, as you can just put the valuable item back on the table and continue as normal.
How to get infinite money in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Now that you’ve effectively got infinite items through the Animal Crossing: New Horizons item dupe glitch, it’s time to sell them to get unlimited money. Take your Nintendo Switch copies (or other valuable item copies) to Timmy Nook at Resident Services or the Cranny’s Nook store (depending on how far you’ve progressed) and sell them to him. You get just under 7,000 Bells for one Nintendo Switch, so the money quickly begins to stack up as you sell multiple expensive items.
Repeat the item dupe glitch process to get unlimited Bells and buy whatever you want in-game. (You’ll still need to grind out the Nook Miles legitimately, however, at least for now…)
It’s not clear when Nintendo will fix this Bells glitch, so if you are planning to take advantage of it to get unlimited money, we’d recommend doing so sooner, rather than later. Of course, we’d also recommend carefully considering the consequences of duping items, as it could ruin the experience for you.
More Animal Crossing: New Horizons Guides
Check out our list of Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides below: