The starting inventory space in Animal Crossing: New Horizons can be pretty limiting, which almost inevitably results in items being dropped on the ground as a form of makeshift storage. Not only does that raise concerns about whether those items will eventually disappear, but it can also be unsightly at a time when you’re trying to build an idyllic island getaway. So, what’s the solution? Stick with us for everything you need to know on how to store items in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
How do you store items in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
As mentioned above, during the early stages of Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch you’ve most likely found yourself desperate for a proper means of storage. Fortunately, gaining access to storage in New Horizons comes naturally with time.
When you pay off your initial moving fee of 5,000 Nook Miles to Tom Nook in the Resident Services tent, you’ll soon be able to speak to him about upgrading your digs from a tent to a house. After you take Mr. Nook up on his offer, it’ll take a real-world day for your new home to be constructed.
When you come back to the game, you’ll have a lovely new house to call home, and with it, your very own storage space! In order to make use of the item storage facilities, simply follow this step-by-step walkthrough:
How to store items in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Boot up Animal Crossing: New Horizons on Nintendo Switch
- Enter your home by approaching the front door and pressing the “A” button
- Press “X” to open your inventory
- Highlight the item you wish to store and press “A”
- Scroll down the list of options and press “A” on “Put in Storage”
- Repeat the process for any other item(s) you wish to store
How to view and remove stored items in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- When inside your home, press right on the d-pad
- Use the “L” and “R” buttons to sort your stored items by type
- Highlight any item you wish to retrieve, then press “A”
- Press “A” once more on the “Move to Pockets” option
More Animal Crossing: New Horizons Guides
Check out our list of Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides below: