Filling out the Critterpedia app on your NookPhone in Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a big task, but definitely worthwhile for any completionist. Luckily, we’re here to help with the task by providing some sage advice on how to catch a Madagascan Sunset Moth in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
For everything you need to know about catching this somewhat uncommon bug in Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch, you’re in the right place.
How do you get a Madagascan Sunset Moth in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
If you want to fill out the museum and/or Critterpedia in Animal Crossing: New Horizons on Switch, then you should know that different bugs and fish appear at different times of the day and during specific periods of the year. Since you’re looking for the Animal Crossing Madagascan Sunset Moth specifically, below you’ll find information on when, where, and how to catch one.
How to catch a Madagascan Sunset Moth in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Ensure that you’re playing between April and September if located in the Northern Hemisphere. (It’s October to March if you’re in the Southern Hemisphere.)
- Make sure that you’re playing between 8 am and 4 pm.
- The Madagascan Sunset Moth will appear near flowers during these periods.
- Keep your eyes peeled and your net at the ready.
- If you see the black and green moth (with orange highlights), carefully approach with the “A” button held down.
- Position yourself correctly, then release the “A” button to swing your net.
If you did everything right, you’ll be the proud new owner of an Animal Crossing: New Horizons Madagascan Sunset Moth! Should you spot any additional specimens, you might want to catch those too, as they sell for 2,500 Bells to Timmy and Tommy at the Nook’s Cranny store.
More Animal Crossing: New Horizons Guides
Check out our list of Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides below: