- Try to stick to one upgrade path with each character rather than spreading skills around.
- Feel free to switch characters out in the middle of battle. In fact, it can save you in some of the tougher boss fights, as each character has his/her own HP and MP totals when you switch out characters.
- Be on the look out for confessions (locations can be found here), as they help illuminate the narrative a bit more.
- This is a game in which you don't want to waste attacks, so always use elemental weaknesses to your advantage. If an enemy is weak to light, then use light attacks.
- Try to have a healer in the party on a semi-regular basis. It will make your life a lot easier.
- It may sound obvious, but know the mechanics of the game and use them well. Slow down particularly tough enemies so you can interrupt their attacks, and collect the lights to replenish HP/MP.
After you defeat the game you unlock the New Game+ feature. When playing in New Game+ mode, the items, Oculi, and Confessions that you earned through the first play-through will be carried to the next new game. This also includes all your levels and skills once the characters can be re-recruited.Your enemies will be stronger, but you won't be, and you won't have your coffers either!