Few fish are as difficult to catch as the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Coelacanth. Thankfully, we’re here to help you with how to catch a Coelacanth in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Read on to discover how to catch the mysterious ancient fish. Below, you’ll find some easy-to-follow steps that’ll guide your way to finding and catching a Coelacanth. Find out how to catch an Animal Crossing: New Horizons Coelacanth below. That’s one more, rare, fish for Blathers’ museum or to sell for some sweet Bells.
How to catch an Animal Crossing: New Horizons Coelacanth
To catch a Coelacanth in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, you’ll need to wait until it is raining and head to the ocean. Coelacanths can only be caught in the ocean when it’s raining and are available all year round. You’ll need to look out for the large fish shadows in the sea. They are rare beasts, however, so you may need to look in the ocean for a while before one shows up. With some Fish bait, though, you can speed up the Coelacanth catching process. Look out below for the steps you need to follow to catch a Coelacanth in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Follow these steps to catch an Animal Crossing: New Horizons Coelacanth:
- Wait until it is raining (you cannot catch a Coelacanth when it isn’t raining)
- Head to the ocean by your beaches
- Look around for a large fish shadow
- Catch it as you normally would any other fish
- This can prove tricky, given the rarity of the Coelacanth
- If you can’t find a Coelacanth, craft some Fish bait
- For this, you’ll need to find Manila Clams
- Throw your Fish bait into the ocean until the large fish shadow appears (this can take a few tries, with a new fish appearing every time you scatter some Fish bait)
- Catch the Coelacanth as you would any other fish
Once you have caught your Coelacanth, you can donate it to Blathers or sell it for a cool 15,000 Bells. It’s up to you.