A new update is on its way to Escape from Tarkov players across the globe. The latest patch is update version 0.12.5, and includes several much-needed optimizations and bug fixes. The corresponding patch notes also detail changes to the main menu as well as the recently added Therapist service that can heal your character after raids. Keep reading to discover everything outlined in the Escape from Tarkov patch notes for update 0.12.5.
Escape from Tarkov Patch Notes | Update version 0.12.5
As you can tell from the relatively short patch number, Escape from Tarkov version 0.12.5 is a fairly significant update. One of the biggest changes is the introduction of the Therapist service, which can heal your character after a raid has concluded.
There are several other changes you’ll need to know about. Primarily, the location map has been moved from the matching screen to a separate button. Similarly, the Hideout and Main Menu options are now available from the bottom of the screen. The overall UI has also seen several minor adjustments, so take a moment to familiarize yourself before you go diving into a match.
This update also affects the use of items — a second item can’t be used until the use of first one has been completed. Naturally, this will cause a slight delay, so plan accordingly. Finally, this update includes a host of bug fixes and performance improvements.
Here are the complete Escape from Tarkov patch notes for update version 0.12.5 as provided by the team at Battlestate Games.
- Redesigned part of the optics functionality, which reduces the occurrence of errors and on some PC configurations gives an increase in performance while aiming.
- Fixed some subsystems that could cause short-term freezes.
- Various minor performance improvements
- New Therapist service – quick treatment, available at the end of a raid. Allows you to heal the character immediately after the raid, as well as shows the sources of damage in untreated parts of the body in
- “Hideout” and “main menu” are added to the panel at the bottom of the screen for quick access
- In-game color correction settings (post-fx)
- Various improvements to the UI layout
- Added dependence of mouse sensitivity on the multiplicity of optics
- Fixed one of the bugs where the grenade and its explosion were not visible
- Fixed a bug with the missing image in optics after reconnect
- Fixed a bug displaying the movement of the bots in the third person
- Fixed a bug where money could be spent on insurance from the character’s inventory, and not from the stash
- Fixed a bug that blocked the entire interface when calling the context menu
- Fixed one of the bugs that caused the player to see the “Leaving the game” error before the end of the raid
- Bolt-action sniper rifles have a shot sound delay removed
- Fixed a bug where the sharpness setting was reset
- Fixed an exploit with a door pushing the player out at an Interchange that allowed you to get into a locked pharmacy
- Fixed a bug with displaying the map if you zoom in and out
- Fixed incorrect display of a third-person grenade throw
- Adjusted the position of the weapon behind the character’s back
- Fixed a minor bug that turned on the flashlight when getting into the Hideout
- Fixed cursor position offset when dragging windows (inspector menu\looting interfaces) for 2K resolution
- Fixed a bug that left the inspector window open if you close it via ESC
- Fixed a bug where aspect ratio changed every time the game was launched
- Fixed a bug where the stock of weapons in the inventory does not fold if the player is holding a melee weapon
- Fixed a bug where the context menu on the map screen disappeared
- Various bug fixes on locations
- Many different fixes in the interfaces
- Various bug fixes for AI behavior
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements
- Location map moved from the matching screen to a separate button
- Now, when using items, the use of the new item is blocked until the use of the previous one is completed