When using Snapchat you’ve probably noticed that a variety of emojis can appear next to specific contacts. One of these displays two pink hearts, but what do they indicate? If you’ve been left wondering “What do pink hearts on Snapchat mean?” then we’ve got you covered. Keep scrolling to learn what this indicates on iOS and Android devices.
Pink Hearts Snapchat | What does the emoji mean?
The Snapchat pink hearts emoji shows that you have been #1 best friends (BFs) with somebody for two months straight. You aren’t limited to just one best friend and can have up to six, though only one contact can be your #1 BF on Snapchat. Best friend status is decided by who you communicate with the most, though you must also receive a similar number of replies.
Initially, you’ll know which contact is your top best friend by the yellow heart emoji beside their name. After two weeks of maintaining the relationship, the heart will turn red, then after two months, you’ll both get pink hearts. Having the pink heart emoji assigned to a Snapchat contact generally indicates that you’re very close to the person.
While a smiley emoji can indicate that you’re good friends with somebody, pink hearts indicate a next-level friendship. Chances are that you have an ongoing Snapstreak with your #1 best friend, so be sure to also check out our guide on how streaks work.
What do pink hearts on Snapchat mean?
- Pink hearts on Snapchat indicate that you’ve been #1 best friends with somebody for two months straight.
- #1 BF is decided by who you exchange the most Snaps and Chats with.
- You must send and receive a similar number of messages — it can’t be a one-sided relationship.
- Before earning the pink hearts emoji, you’ll have to graduate as follows:
- Yellow heart: Top best friends.
- Red heart: Top best friends for two weeks.
- Pink hearts: Top best friends for two months.
If you start communicating with somebody else more frequently, it’s possible that your #1 BF will change.