The Overwatch 2.92 update patch notes are not going to be some legendary changes for the game. However, they are some small balance changes worth looking at as a few of the characters had some tweaks here and there. Competitive players may like the changes to the queuing system, too.
Overwatch 2.92 Update Patch Notes | Balance changes
There have been small tweaks here and there to change a few characters. Ashe’s dynamite cooldown is now 12 seconds (up from 10). Brigitte, ever the character for nerfs, can no longer give extra armor to those at full health. Her shield does have 250 health points (up from 200) and now regenerates 85 health per second (down from 100). The shield now takes five seconds to come back when destroyed (instead of three).
D.Va also now only takes a 40% movement penalty when shooting (down from 50%). Defense Matrix now has a one second cooldown (down from 1.5). And her Micro Missiles shoot in .25 seconds (down from .5).
Junkrat’s Concussion Mine now goes off in .1 seconds and not .156 seconds like it was. His RIP Tire also now gets activated in .9 seconds instead of 1.5.
Overwatch 2.92 Update Patch Notes | Open competitive queue
Now, players will be able to use the Open Queue system in competitive play. This will let players pick the role they want before the match instead of being locked in before the game begins. The open and role queues will be separately matched.
Full Overwatch 2.92 update patch notes
Starting with Season 23, Competitive Play will support both Role Queue and Open Queue. These will be separate queues, so you won’t see Role Queue teams playing against Open Queue teams. Open Queue will have its own SR and leaderboard, separate from the role-specific Role Queue SRs and leaderboards.
Beginning with Season 23, the maximum Skill Rating (SR) earned after a player completes each season’s placements has been capped at 3900 SR. Players are still matched with other players of similar skill, as we want to keep matches as fair and fun as possible. As each player participates in more games during the current season, their SR will slowly rise to reach a value that fully reflects their current skill.
This change is intended to address many of the issues that SR Decay tried to fix, but in a more positive manner that rewards staying active and playing more games instead of penalizing players for not playing enough. Achieving a very high SR at the end of a season can no longer be achieved by completing a mere five placement matches. This does mean you may see larger SR differences between all the players in a very high SR match than in previous seasons, as two similar and highly skilled players might have different SRs based on how many games they’ve played during the season.
With recent improvements to Ashe’s weapon her overall damage output has increased significantly. Toning Dynamite down will lower her overall damage while keeping her damage output focused on her rifle.
- Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 seconds
Granting additional maximum health is a powerful ability and has proven too effective when combined with the additional healing of Repair Pack. Brigitte’s barrier will now provide more protection up front, enabling her to withstand more directed fire, but will also have a longer downtime if it is destroyed.
- No longer grants an additional armor health pool
- Maximum health increased from 200 to 250
- Regeneration rate decreased from 100 to 85 health per second
- Cooldown when destroyed increased from 3 to 5 seconds
These buffs are aimed at making D.Va feel more fluid and responsive to play.
- Movement penalty reduced from 50 to 40%
- Cooldown reduced from 1.5 to 1 second
- Activation delay reduced from 0.5 to 0.25 seconds
These are a couple quality of life changes for Junkrat. This makes it possible to do some Concussion Mine jumps that were no longer possible after a previous increase to its projectile speed.
- Trigger delay reduced from 0.156 to 0.1 seconds
- Time to take control of Junkrat post detonation has been reduced from 1.5 to 0.9 seconds
- Fixed a bug with patch notes truncation for the Taiwanese locale
- Fixed a bug with specific hero ultimate voicelines playing both their friendly and enemy team variations
- Fixed a bug with an Incorrect shadow displayed across the hood of the Little Red skin
- Fixed a bug with Lucio being able to switch to Heal Song while stunned
- Fixed a bug with fire strike appearing invisible for allies
- Fixed a bug that allowed Roadhog to hook Baptiste’s Immortality Field
- Fixed a bug where Wrecking Ball could hit an enemy much faster than intended with Roll Damage