The Overwatch 2.93 update patch notes yield a new and unannounced event to the game: Sigma’s Maestro Challenge. It doesn’t add much else, but this limited-time event will be running for just a bit. There were no balance changes in this update so be prepared for the same game underneath it all.
Overwatch 2.93 Update Patch Notes | Sigma’s Maestro Challenge start and end date
The Sigma’s Maestro Challenge is the biggest part of this new update. It adds a limited-time event to the game that starts today and ends on July 27. Winning three games nets you the Maestro player icon, six gets you the victory pose, and nine earns you the coveted Maestro skin that you can see in the above pictures. He’s even wearing some shoes.
These are the biggest cosmetics but you can also earn some sprays by watching certain Twitch streams. Just be sure to link your Twitch and Blizzard accounts. Here’s the schedule of these Twitch streams.
|Jordan Fisher||July 14 (11:00 – 15:00)||twitch.tv/JordanFisher|
|Fareeha||July 15 (07:00 – 17:00)||twitch.tv/Fareeha|
|Sooshikitty||July 16 (06:00 – 12:00)||twitch.tv/Sooshikitty|
|Rammy||July 17 (13:00 – July 18 01:00)||twitch.tv/Rammy|
|Javion||July 18 (13:00 – 23:00)||twitch.tv/Javion|
|FRAN||July 19 (16:00 – 21:00)||twitch.tv/FRAN|
|Emongg||July 20 (09:00 – 19:00)||twitch.tv/Emongg|
|Aspen||July 21 (09:00 – 13:00)||twitch.tv/Aspen|
|Jay3||July 22 (08:30 – 15:30)||twitch.tv/Jay3|
|Somjuu||July 23 (11:00 – 17:00)||twitch.tv/Somjuu|
|FroggerOW||July 24 (19:00 – July 25 00:00)||twitch.tv/FroggerOW|
|adeptthebest||July 25 (16:00 – 20:00)||twitch.tv/adeptthebest|
|sleepy||July 26 (July 25 21:30 – 03:00)||twitch.tv/sleepy|
|harbleu||July 27 (12:00 – 19:00)||twitch.tv/harbleu|
Overwatch 2.93 Update Patch Notes | Career Profile improvements
The Career Profile has also been streamlined and looks different overall. Stats are more detailed and include the ability to separate by “best” or “total” time played. You can even see how your time is divided over certain modes like Arcade or ranked.
The biggest thing might be related to the player icons. They can be filtered so you no longer have to spend a long time trying to find the one you want. There are a lot of different player icons, after all.
Full Overwatch 2.93 update patch notes
SIGMA’S MAESTRO CHALLENGE
Get ready for Sigma’s Maestro Challenge and some special, unlockable in-game content! Wins in Quick Play, Competitive Play, Arcade, or Experimental will earn you a themed player icon, a legendary emote, and a legendary skin: Maestro Sigma!
Tune in to Twitch broadcasters while they’re playing Overwatch any time through July 27th to earn a total of 6 Sigma’s Maestro Challenge sprays!
To learn more about Sigma’s Maestro Challenge, head to the Overwatch website.
NEW SOUNDTRACK: OVERWATCH CITIES & COUNTRIES
The Overwatch: Cities & Countries soundtrack is now available, featuring music from the maps of Overwatch! Find the album across several popular music streaming platforms today*. For more details see the Overwatch website or check out the QR code on the main menu.
*Streaming platform availability may vary by region.
The Career Profile page has been redesigned to provide a better, more streamlined experience when viewing player profiles. Aside from the brand new look, we’ve also added some new quality-of-life features:
- Game mode play time has been added to the overview section, so you can see exactly how much time you’ve spent in modes like Competitive Play or any of the community’s creative Workshop modes
- Statistics are displayed in a tabular format, separated by “Average/10 min”, “Best”, “Total”, providing a cleaner, more readable view
- In-game achievements are grouped by category, and can be filtered by what you’ve earned and have yet to unlock
- Player Icons are now grouped by category and can be filtered by hero and owned status
- Capture the Flag in-game achievements have been moved to the Maps category
- Added additional playback languages for Echo’s Duplicate ability video
- Fixed a bug with the FFA arcade game mode that caused 1P and 3P spectating to not function
- Fixed a bug with the FFA arcade game mode that caused the Defeat screen to display for the winning team
- Fixed a bug with the FFA arcade game mode not adding Replays for players within the match
- Fixed a bug that caused Echo’s primary fire sound to play too loudly when using the “No Ammunition Requirement” setting
- Fixed a bug in Custom Games that caused the Deathmatch announcer voice line to incorrectly state total kills remaining if the game mode was set to a custom score
- Fixed a bug with incorrect team colors displaying for the winning team after a match concludes
- Fixed a bug that prevented the jump landing sound effect to play if holding down the jump keybind
- Fixed a bug in Tutorial that caused training bots to not display their health bars
- Fixed a bug with the Role Select screen not appearing properly on multiple main menu screens for non-group leaders
- Fixed a bug in Capture the Flag that caused the contesting sound effect to not change in pitch based on the flag’s proximity to the capture point
- Fixed a bug where the Viper can clip through the camera if Ashe is jumping and firing while aiming down her sights
- Fixed a bug that allowed Doomfist to scale a wall in Junkertown when using an emote
- Fixed a bug where D.Va’s Micro Missiles were not being affected by damage boost abilities
- Fixed a bug with the Deflect sound effect not matching the duration of the ability
- Fixed a bug that would cause Genji to take projectile damage during a Deflect if too close to an enemy
- Fixed a bug with Sonic Arrow not giving vision through walls when deflected by Genji
- Fixed a bug where Wrecking Ball could use Grappling Claw without transitioning into ball form
- Fixed a bug with Minefield where some mines could become stuck inside terrain on Temple of Anubis