Blythe the Warrior
Tough, devastating fighter. Large weapons and high health.
- Swipe Down: Damage blocking shield
- Swipe Up: Toss a throwing axe
- Hold Attack: Lunging slash
- The warrior's defining characteristic is his shield. Familiarizing yourself with it is key to mastering the class. If you sense an attack coming your way, get that shield up. It can be especially helpful in one-on-one battles with stronger enemies.
- Following a regular attack with a charged attack allows you to execute combos, which deal a lot more damage.
- Use the charge attack on a group of weaker enemies to take them all out at once.
- Blythe's default sword is probably the best, so be careful when considering an upgrade at the forge.
- Is a ranged enemy attacking you? Give them a taste of their own medicine and throw an axe their way. Don't get close if you don't need to.
Abbie the Mage
Basic attacks require energy to fire.
- Swipe Down: Gust of air that pushes foes, blocks projectiles
- Swipe Up: Torrent of burning flame
- Hold Attack: Piercing magical blast
- The mage is a ranged character, so don't get close to enemies. Keep your distance and rely on spells.
- The mage's attacks can interrupt enemy attacks, including bosses.
- Upgrading the mage's main attacks is recommended as they are better than the default ones.
- Swipe abilities recharge your energy meter.
- Charge shots should only be used for groups as it does less damage than a regular shot.
- Again, don't let enemies get close. The mage is not made for melee combat.
Renee the Rogue
Agile, cunning scoundrel. Extra damage on backstab and stunned foes.
- Swipe Down/Up: Dodge through enemies
- Hold Attack: Stunning kick
- Try to get behind enemies (use the dodge ability) to execute backstabs.
- You can even dodge through magic.
- Enemies who are stunned can be backstabbed, and a charge attack stuns enemies. Use the combination to your advantage.
- You need the requisite amount of energy to dodge through enemies, so don't spam the ability.
- Stealth potions allow you to remain invisible and backstab enemies repeatedly as the rogue. This can make boss fights significantly easier.
- The rogue has no offensive swipe abilities, so rely on items in the absence of a more versatile moveset.
Cyril the Adventurer (Clear Cursed Hollows to unlock this character)
Clever, resourceful explorer. Balanced class with early health bonuses.
- Swipe Down: Burning lantern that repels magic
- Swipe Up: Stunning magical amulet blast
- Hold Attack: Lunging slash
- The adventurer plays a lot like the warrior, so consider some of the same strategies.
- The stunning magical amulet blast is a great ability that gives an upperhand against large groups of enemies.
- Magic won't be much of a problem if you can master the burning lantern swipe ability.
Hassan the Spellsword (Clear Amaranth Keep to unlock this character)
- Swipe Down/Up: Dodge through spells
- Hold Attack: Stunning charge rush
- Similar to the rogue, though he dodges through spells and not enemies.
- Again, look at your energy meter and don't spam the dodge ability.
- Use spells a lot since they drop quite often.
Svala the Cultist (Clear The Fallen Kingdom to unlock this character)
- Swipe Down: Fade from sight
- Swipe Up: Blind enemies
- Hold Attack: Throw a dagger
- The blind enemies/fade from sight ability combo is probably the best in the game.
- The cultist's blind ability is great for crowd control. It blinds enemies for a couple of seconds, which is ample time to escape a sticky situation.
- The blind ability also allows for backstabs every now and then, if you're quick enough.
- The swipe down ability activates stealth, though your next move cancels stealth. Plan accordingly.