Risk of Rain 2‘s resident tank is called Loader. This character was added in the Skills update, meaning she’s one of several Survivors locked behind challenges. If close-range melee attacks are your jam, here’s how to unlock Loader by completing the Guidance Offline challenge.
How to unlock Loader in Risk of Rain 2
To unlock Loader in Risk of Rain 2, you need to complete the Guidance Offline challenge. This challenge requires you to defeat the Alloy Worship Unit in Siren’s Call. Get the boss to spawn, kill it, and Loader will unlock.
If you’ve searched for the Guidance Offline challenge in the log book, you’ll know that its description is vague. It only says that you need to defeat the unique guardian in Siren’s Call. What it doesn’t say is that you’ll need to complete a certain procedure before the boss will spawn.
Here’s how to complete the Guidance Offline challenge and unlock Loader:
- Survive until you reach Siren’s Call
- It’s the fourth stage in the loop, after either Rallypoint Delta or Scorched Acres
- Pro tip: If you reach the Bazaar Between Time after Stage 3, you can spend Lunar Coins to dream your way directly into Siren’s Call
- In Siren’s Call, search for small nests with eggs
- Destroy five nests to awaken the Alloy Worship Unit
- Nests can be targeted manually or destroyed automatically by certain weapons or items
- Defeat the Alloy Worship Unit to complete Guidance Offline and unlock Loader
If you haven’t unlocked Loader yet, chances are you will just by coincidence. The nests hidden around Siren’s Call are easily destroyed by items that track enemies, such as Fireworks. As such, these nests can be destroyed without even finding them. Naturally, this will cause the Alloy Worship Unit to spawn. Take it down, and you’ll be able to play with Loader whenever you like.