It should go without saying that not finding players in Marvel’s Avengers is a pretty big issue. While bots can fill the places of real-world players, the game’s A.I. pales in comparison to what actual humans can do. If you’re seeing the “Searching for hero” message during Marvel’s Avengers matchmaking and it seems to be taking forever, then you’re in need of a fix. Here’s what you need to know.
Why can’t I find any players in Marvel’s Avengers matchmaking?
If you’re struggling to find any players in Marvel’s Avengers matchmaking, then you’ll want to try the following fixes:
How to find more players in Marvel’s Avengers matchmaking
- Try searching for heroes in a different mission.
- Some missions are more popular than others.
- Try a different difficulty.
- If you can’t find any players on Challenge III difficulty, for example, you may want to lower it.
- Check your NAT Type.
- If your NAT Type isn’t “Open,” then you will be limited in who you can play with. Try and set it to “Moderate” at the very least.
- Restart the game.
- There are reports of a “Searching for hero” bug, where no players can be found. Try restarting the game to fix this.
At the time of writing, the game is just about to launch. If you’ve been playing in the 72-hour early access period, you may have found it difficult to find players due to the limited numbers. Hopefully launch day will bring a lot more new faces for you to play with!
Ideally, we’ll see a Quick Match option added in the near future, to quickly matchmake into a 4-player co-op experience. For now, though, you’re limited to trying specific missions.