Getting hold of and equipping a Destiny 2 Stasis upgrade will take some time, as players will need to complete the Beyond Light campaign before they unlock Stasis in the first place. Unlocking upgrades to Stasis will require some patience as well. Here’s the lowdown on how to upgrade Stasis in Destiny 2.
How do you upgrade Stasis in Destiny 2 Beyond Light?
Once players have completed the Destiny 2 Beyond Light campaign, they will unlock the base level of Stasis. Stasis is a power that can be upgraded/changed. Unfortunately, players need to complete quests to get hold of the materials required to unlock Stasis upgrades such as Aspects and Fragments. Doing this will, unfortunately, take some time and effort.
Here’s how to unlock and equip a Destiny 2 Stasis upgrade:
- Complete the main Beyond Light campaign.
- Return to the Exo Stranger and speak to them again to unlock Stasis.
- Unlock the Exotic Salvation’s Crip Stasis Grenade Launcher.
- Head to the Tower and speak to the Drifter to begin the quests.
- Complete the relevant Quests to unlock Salvation’s Grip.
- Quests should be Born In Darkness line.
- Complete the Aspects Quests given by the Exo Stranger.
- Salvation’s Grip is needed to complete Aspect of Control Quest.
- Complete Fragment and Aspects Quests given by the Exo Stranger.
- Equip unlocked Aspects and Fragments to different Stasis subclasses.
Once the Aspect of Control Quest is completed, players will have unlocked the first Stasis upgrade. Completing this quest will unlock further Quests that should unlock more Aspects and Fragments. Players equip an Aspect to their Stasis powers to upgrade them. Aspects are class-specific upgrades.
Fragments can be equipped to any classes and Stasis powers. Players can take on and complete two different Fragment Quests (of three available) every week. The three different Fragment Quests are tied to game modes: Crucible, Gambit, and Strikes. Fragments can boost the abilities of Stasis subclasses but often come with a downgrade, too. How many Fragments a player can install is reliant on the type of Aspect equipped.
Unlocking and equipping Stasis upgrades in Destiny 2 will take some time, but it will be worth it when the Raids begin. Knowing how to get hold of a Destiny 2 Stasis upgrade is just step one towards fully upgrading the new subclass.
It is a highly-customizable subclass, though it will take some effort to get the best from it. Time to unlock some upgrades, Guardians, and embrace the darkness!
Looking for more Destiny 2 help? Our Anteater error code and Honeydew error code guides should help players get back into the game. Look here to see if the Beyond Light expansion is free on Xbox Game Pass or not.