Ubisoft’s mythological adventure, Immortals Fenyx Rising, is experiencing some growing pains at launch. Players on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch can all encounter frame-rate issues. It’s far from ideal, which has many in search of an Immortals Fenyx Rising stutter and lag fix. Here’s the latest on performance issues affecting all platforms.
How to fix stutter and lag in Immortals Fenyx Rising
Picking up the latest game only for its technical performance to be sub-par isn’t ideal. Fixing stuttering and/or lag spikes in Immortals Fenyx Rising will depend on what system people are using, though, fortunately, there are some steps that can help.
PC stutter and lag fix
- Ensure that the AMD or Nvidia GPU drivers are up to date.
- Run Immortals Fenyx Rising in fullscreen, not windowed mode.
- Close all unnecessary background apps.
- Lower the in-game graphics settings.
PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch stutter and lag fix
- Immortals Fenyx Rising runs at 30 FPS on these consoles, which will feel less smooth than popular 60 FPS games like Fortnite.
- The game can drop below 30 FPS during intense scenes, so (although it’s annoying) try to avoid fighting enemies in groups and using flashy special attacks during these encounters.
- There are no graphics options to tweak, so hopefully, Ubisoft will release a patch improving the performance.
PS5 and Xbox Series X|S stutter and lag fix
- When set to “Quality” mode, the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of Immortals Fenyx Rising run at 30 FPS.
- Switching to the “Performance” mode doubles that, achieving a mostly smooth 60 FPS instead.
How to fix low frame-rate in Immortals Fenyx Rising
To improve the Immortals Fenyx Rising frame-rate on PC, simply lower the in-game graphics settings. Doing so makes the title less demanding to run, allowing the PC to push higher frame-rates.
PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch players will, unfortunately, have to cross their fingers on a patch to increase the Immortals Fenyx Rising frame-rate. Until then, avoiding large-scale enemy encounters may help. Where that’s unavoidable, don’t utilize special attacks with lots of visual effects. It isn’t ideal, but this should help to ensure a smoother experience on older console hardware. Where the Nintendo Switch version is concerned, playing docked instead of handheld may also help.
Users playing the game on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S can enable “Performance” mode in Immortals Fenyx Rising to improve the FPS. The graphics will be worse than in “Quality” mode, but it’s a worthy tradeoff to increase the frame-rate. Not only that, but it should also address any Immortals Fenyx Rising stutter and lag issues.