While Cyberpunk 2077 is certainly a great-looking game, it’s also a fantastic sounding game. That’s assuming no sound issues pop up, which is unfortunately a common issue for some PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One players. Here’s how to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 audio crackling issues.
How to fix audio crackling in Cyberpunk 2077
Audio crackling fix for PC
To fix audio crackling on PC, players should do the following:
- Ensure all devices are plugged in correctly.
- It sounds simple, but a loose 3.5 mm cable can result in crackling audio. USB devices that are partially inserted can also cause sound problems.
- Lower sound quality settings.
- Some games can have crackling audio when sound quality is set too high in the Windows 10 settings. Go to Sound > Double-click your playback device > Advanced > Lower the Default Format.
- Remove USB devices.
- USB devices are notorious for causing sound issues. Remove them all and then add them back in one by one, until you can pinpoint the problem device. Also be mindful of plugging audio devices into USB 3.0 ports, as that can also cause issues.
- Restart the PC.
- If everything else fails, restarting the PC is always a good way of trying to force a fix. It could be a one-time issue that simply goes away!
Audio crackling fix for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One
To fix audio crackling on consoles, players should do the following:
- Use stereo sound.
- Changing from surround sound to stereo sound can temporarily stop issues while users wait for an official fix from the developers.
- Turn off virtual surround sound.
- Some headsets use virtual surround sound to try and enhance the audio experience. These can sometimes go awry, causing poorer sound quality. Disable VSS to try and stop the audio issues.
While crackling audio is big problem, another issue plaguing players is the tiny tree glitch. What initially seems like a funny issue, with small trees and bushes popping up in-game, soon becomes a big problem. Here’s the latest on a fix.
What’s more punk than cheating the system? Here is the GameRevolution list of Cyberpunk 2077 cheats, including console commands, infinite money, God Mode, unlimited ammo, and more.
Ensure your V is the best version of themself with this best build guide, with information on which stats and perks players should choose.