Phasmophobia continues its early access beta period over on Steam. Because the developers are still working out the kinks, the game is currently being treated to frequent updates. The latest Phasmophobia patch notes have arrived for the January 8, 2021 update. Keep reading to learn all about the latest changes and bug fixes, including details about the newest hotfix.
Phasmophobia Update | January 8, 2021
Some fresh new changes are detailed in the Phasmophobia patch notes for the January 8, 2021 update. Most noteworthy are the new accessibility settings page and option to run the game with mono sound. There’s also a new button designed to allow players to select contract difficulty, removing the need for random selections.
Aside from new additions, there are also a few specific changes. The new lightning system on School, Prison, and Asylum has been removed, perhaps only temporarily. The developers are working on a few persistent bugs, but the change shouldn’t affect in-game performance. Players will also find that Prison is no longer always added to the contract selection screen.
Other than these changes and minor tweaks to localization and controller navigation, the rest of the update is fairly small. Here’s the full list of Phasmophobia patch notes for the January 8, 2021 update as provided by the team at Kinetic.
Phasmophobia patch notes | January 8, 2021
- Fixed the gamepad navigation on the contract selection screen.
- Potential fix for the Ghost photos not alwys registering
- Prison: Fixed a bug where the Ghosts room b oundary from both cell blocks were extended into the bathroom and hallway
- Removed the new lightning on School, Asylum, and Prison due to several bugs. This should not effect load times or performance
- Moved the arrows on the server browser to help with gamepad navigation
- Updated localization
- Prison will no longer be always added to the contract selection
- Professional Difficulty: You will no longer be told if the Ghost responds to groups or if you are alone
- The Ghost will now walk to your last known location when it has lost sight of you when hunting. This means the Ghost will now follow you around corners
- Added an accessibility page where you can swap your sound to mono
- Added a button to select the contract difficulty rather than it being random
- You can now enter the room invite code with the keyboard numpad
- You can now place Candles similar to the Ghost Writing Book in Non-VR
January 8, 2021 Hotfix changes
These changes rolled out a few hours after the initial January 8 update:
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t place the candles that spawn inside the houses
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t change between mono and stereo sound
- Potential fix for the Ghost Writing Book sometimes showing its placement outline after it’s been placed
- Fixed a bug where the main menu ambience wasn’t playing
- Fixed a bug where the Ghost couldn’t kill you