Snapchat filters are a great way to jazz up your photos and videos, but some of them can dramatically alter the way you look. That’s why everyone is jumping on Snapchat’s bald head filter — it gives them a way to see how they’d look without hair. As it turns out, the Snapchat bald head filter is one of the easiest effects to use. Here’s how to try it out for yourself.
How to get the Bald Head filter on Snapchat
To get the bald head filter on Snapchat, head over to the Explore page. The filter you’re looking for is called “Bald Character,” specifically the one developed by the Snapchat crew. All you need to do is tap on the filter, then capture a photo to see what you’d look like without hair.
As you may suspect, the bald head filter seen on Instagram and TikTok typically comes from Snapchat. As it turns out, there’s a lot of cross-use when it comes to photo effects shared across social media. For example, the no beard filter and the popular Ted Talks filter seen around TikTok both come from Snapchat.
Still, not everyone knows how to use Snapchat filters, let alone find specific filters. Fortunately, the process is simple. Here’s how to find and use the bald head filter:
- Open Snapchat
- From the camera view, tap the smiley face to open the effects menu
- Tap on Explore
- In the search bar, type “bald”
- Tap the listing for “Bald Character” developed by Snapchat
- Align your face with the frame, then press the camera button to take the photo
- Note: While the filter is active, you can press the heart icon to mark it as a Favorite. Afterward, it will appear on the main effects menu, saving you from having to search for it later
- Once the bald filter has removed your hair, you can then send the image to your Snap friends, or save the file to your camera roll to share elsewhere
That’s all there is to it. To get the bald head filter in Snapchat, simply find the “Bald Character” filter from the Explore menu. Just don’t be surprised when your friends are shocked to see what you look like without hair.