The latest Sea of Thieves patch notes are here for the 18.104.22.168 update out today, July 7. After some Sea of Thieves maintenance brought the game offline once again, the new update is here to fix a number of massive issues players were having with the Pirates of the Caribbean expansion. Below players can find everything on the Sea of Thieves update for July 7, including all the A Pirate’s Life Tall Tales fixes and the patch size.
What’s in the Sea of Thieves 22.214.171.124 update?
Patch 126.96.36.199 predominantly fixes some major issues Sea of Thieves fans have been having with the recent Pirates of the Caribbean crossover expansion. Top of the list is undoubtedly the Sunken Pearl Tall Tale door bug that prevented players from continuing the quest if another player had solved the statue puzzle and flooded the room before them, which was extremely annoying to many.
It’s not apparent if this patch fixes the Dark Brethren door glitch or the issues players have had with Jack Sparrow’s compass, but it does stop players from glitching out of the map and accessing areas they’re not supposed to be in. The update also solves numerous issues players have had with the Brig key, including it simply disappearing if the player’s holding something else too, as well as troubles with recovering the Chest of Everlasting Sorrows.
The Sea of Thieves update size for the 188.8.131.52 patch is 3.23 GB for Xbox Series X and Xbox One X, 2.07 GB for Xbox Series S and Xbox One, 2.66 GB for PC via the launcher, and 1.88 GB for PC via Steam.
Thank you for your patience, pirates – the Sea of Thieves servers are now back online! Please note that you'll need to download a quick update before you set sail. Read about the tweaks and improvements delivered in this hotfix in the release notes: https://t.co/whe7pF1Z3W pic.twitter.com/BfGh4l25xy
— Sea of Thieves (@SeaOfThieves) July 7, 2021
Full Sea of Thieves 184.108.40.206 patch notes for July 7
- Equipping the Merchant Alliance Cannons will now attach the correct ship cannon appearance.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – Players can no longer reach areas that allow them to get out of the world and into unintended areas of the map.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – When joining a crew in progress, the Wraith Statue at the start of the island experience will now guide players to the correct location.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – When a crewmate is holding the Cursed Captain, other crew members will now see the skull animate when talking.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – Retrieving the Brig Key while holding an object should no longer cause the key to become lost.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – After retrieving the Brig Key, players should be able to walk freely around the brig.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – Rejoining a game session at the Ferry of the Damned will now allow access to the lower deck.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – Pulleys located in the environments will now display a prompt when they are unable to be used.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – When an Ocean Crawler emerges from the ground, it will now display appropriate visual effects.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – Crews reaching the salvaging room should no longer find the correct statue sequence fails to raise the water level, leaving them unable to proceed.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – On entering the Trophy Room, interacting with the pulleys prior to defeating the Ocean Crawlers will no longer prevent players from escaping the room.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – When the Silver Blade battle resets after a failed attempt to complete it, restarting the encounter will now allow players to board the ship correctly.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – Crews can now successfully retrieve the Chest of Everlasting Sorrows if it’s discovered after the Silver Blade Battle.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – If the Chest of Everlasting Sorrows is discovered after the Silver Blade Battle, the side door should now open when the antechamber is reached.
- ‘Captains of the Damned’ – The hand-in location for the Villagers’ Valuables has been made clearer for players.
- ‘Dark Brethren’ – Pulleys located in the environments will now display a prompt when they are unable to be used.
- ‘Lords of the Sea’ – Ghostly Resource Crates retrieved during the encounter can no longer be cashed in for gold, reputation or Seasonal Renown.
- ‘Lords of the Sea’ – Once the Black Pearl is able to be boarded, migrating to a new server will now bring the Black Pearl to the new location, enabling crews to complete the Tale.
- Sirens are now able to consistently attack with melee strikes when a player is moving backwards.
- Equipping the Eternal Freedom Cannons on the Brigantine will now allow players to fire themselves out at the correct angle on all ship cannons.
Performance and Stability
- Crews should no longer experience scenarios where they are unable to board their ship and fall through into the sea instead.
- Improved client stability when travelling through the Tunnels of the Damned.
- Improved server stability, reducing scenarios where crews are removed from a game session.
- Tunnels of the Damned – Rejoining a Session: While travelling through the Tunnels of the Damned, rejoining the game after a lost connection may result in visual issues and failed migration to the new area, returning players to their starting location.
- New Tall Tale Commendations – Tale Visibility: Players are able to browse Commendations for ‘The Sunken Pearl’ and ‘Dark Brethren’ Tall Tales before they have completed the preceding Tale. To prevent the experience from being spoiled, avoid reading ahead!
- Plunder Pass Reward Unlocking Issue: Players who have purchased the Season Three Plunder Pass may find that rewards are not immediately unlocked when the appropriate level of Seasonal progression is reached. Logging out and back in should resolve this and cause the unlocked item to appear in the relevant chest.
- Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection: In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While improvements continue to be delivered during our content updates, this remains a key priority for the team.