The NBA 2K23 “There is a problem with your connection” error is the last thing players want to see when they’re eager to get online and show off their skills. Unfortunately, it’s an error that can appear across PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch platforms. Thankfully, there are some workarounds.
How to fix the NBA 2K23 “There is a problem with your connection” error
To fix the NBA 2K23 “There is a problem with your connection” error, players should:
- Check NBA 2K social media to see if there is scheduled maintenance or unplanned downtime.
- The NBA 2K Twitter account is a good place to start for the latest updates on the game and its servers.
- Check the server status on the official monitoring website here.
- This website can be used to check services across all platforms and services.
- Restart the game.
- Restarting the game can be a simple fix for online issues as it forces the game to retry with a fresh connection.
- Check your internet connection.
- Where possible, connect your system using an ethernet cable. While wireless is convenient, it is often less stable and can make for an inconsistent experience in online games.
- Pause any downloads and uploads using your connection.
- Eventually, when the game’s servers inevitably shut down, this is the error that will likely appear (as seen with older NBA 2K games).
- Disconnect and then reconnect your router.
- Disconnect your router and modem for 60 seconds from the power outlet, then reconnect them to the outlet.
If none of the above solutions fix the issue, the next best step is to contact 2K Support.
NBA 2K23 isn’t the only big new gaming release. The Last of Us Part 1 is out now, but make sure you give the GameRevolution review a read before deciding to purchase it.
Looking for the ultimate PS5 controller to help you master NBA 2K23 and other games? Check out the Hex Rival Pro which was described in the GameRevolution review as “a killer PS5 Pro controller with style.”