The TikTok Too Many Attempts error is a very common issue for users. A prompt will tell users to try again later, making many ask why they can’t log in. Most of the time, the reason for this is due to a user trying to enter their password incorrectly too many times. This locks them out temporarily for a small amount of time. However, there are other reasons why this TikTok error can happen.
Why am I getting the TikTok Too Many Attempts Try Again Later error?
The TikTok “Too Many Attempts, Try Again Later” error appears when your account is temporarily locked due to inputting the wrong password too many times or requesting password information too many times as well. That’s what usually happens at least.
Here are a few additional reasons why you can’t log in:
- TikTok servers are down
- The cache for TikTok on your phone or your browser is corrupt
- The TikTok app itself has been corrupted or isn’t fully updated
- The current version of TikTok isn’t working properly
How to fix TikTok Too Many Attempts Try Again Later error
The primary solution to your problem will be to wait about an hour, so that you can log in again. But if that still doesn’t work, here are some more solutions you can try:
- Check TikTok in your chosen app store for the latest updates
- Delete TikTok and reinstall it (or an older version if the current version is broken)
- Delete the TikTok cache on your browser or phone
- Download a VPN or use a different browser to log in
- Change your network settings and/or renew your IP address
- If you’re on mobile, try switching between Wi-Fi and mobile data